Investment Grade Credit Analyst, Financial Services
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the continued expansion of our global investment platform, we are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Investment Grade Credit Analyst (Analyst) to join our Fixed Income credit research team. This individual will be responsible for covering the Financial Services industry within the North American investment grade market and for providing fundamental credit research on the bond and loan issuers within them. As an active member of the Investment Grade team, s/he will be fully integrated into the investment process and expected to provide investment recommendations that add value to client portfolios, as well as to help shape portfolio management decisions. In addition, Investment Grade credit analysts regularly interact and collaborate with other investment professionals at Wellington, including: other credit and equity analysts, Global Industry Analysts, ESG analysts, portfolio managers, traders, and macro strategists. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills and characteristics are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion - We are seeking an experienced credit analyst who is passionate about markets, research, and investing in fixed income. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a quantitative orientation. Additionally, the ability to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis, often with incomplete information, and communicated with strong conviction is required.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment and will embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. He/she will build strong, trusting relationships internally with colleagues, and externally with company management teams. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others. He/she must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented investment recommendations clearly, and with conviction, and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset, intellectual curiosity and capacity for differentiated thinking - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as a credit analyst and investor. He/she will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation, and the evolution of investing.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
- Strong knowledge of US and Canadian Banking institutions;
- 7+ years of experience in a related role;
- Ability to leverage technical skills to efficiently review and analyze large data sets;
- High level of initiative, and experience developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations;
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty, and a proven ability to take risk;
- Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda;
- Independence of thought, an entrepreneurial nature, and a global perspective;
- Strong academic credentials: post-graduate degree and/or CFA/CAIA preferred.
The Investment Grade Credit Analyst will be based in Wellington's Global Headquarters in Boston, MA. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Investment Grade Credit Analyst, Financial Services LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .