Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Wellington has been investing in private markets since 2003, and the Firm launched its first dedicated private equity fund in 2014. Today, we manage approximately $5 billion in assets across four private equity funds and co-investment program launched in 2017. As part of the continued expansion of our alternatives capabilities, we are seeking to recruit an Investment Director to join our Private Investments Team, which is responsible for oversight of certain Wellington-managed vehicles that pursue private investment strategies. The Private Investment team is responsible for overseeing fund governance, product development, marketing, operations and servicing investors, as well as driving growth in our privates business.
The Private Equity Investment Director will lead business, investor relations and marketing strategy, and act as investment representative for the firm's private equity business in in the US and other locations as needed, and in addition will help to ensure the integrity of our investment and risk management processes. This role requires highly developed skills in marketing strategy, communication, portfolio analysis, and a solid foundation in investments. The successful candidate will be a flexible problem solver, with a can-do attitude, who is willing and able to take ownership of issues. He/she will work closely with members of the Business Development & Relationship Client Group, Private Equity Investment Deal Teams, and other functional areas across the firm. This position is based in Boston however we are open to flexible work arrangements and geography.
This role requires strong analytical skills, including a deep understanding of global financial and private markets, investment risk analysis techniques, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. There will be considerable contact with clients, prospects, and colleagues within Wellington Management; in particular, Private Investment Deal Teams, the Client Group, Fund Services, Legal Services, and Tax Services. RESPONSIBILITIES
The Private Equity Investment Director's primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Acting as an effective investment representative of the private investment teams and portfolios with clients, prospects, and consultants
- Working directly with private equity teams to support, enhance and articulate the investment process and portfolios
- Supporting the growth and retention in client assets
- Provide regular investment risk oversight for a set of private equity funds
- Assuming responsibility for internal issues associated with the management of the private equity business (e.g., operational complexity, investment capacity, investment guidelines)
- Assisting in the development of marketing strategy and business planning. leading research and analysis on new business opportunities
- Communicating the firm's Private Investments strategy and capabilities to both internal and external audiences
- Creating innovative and insightful presentation content for current and prospective investors to be shared with clients, senior management, Investment Directors, and others within Wellington Management (e.g. thought pieces, Annual Meeting materials, marketing collateral, investor letters) .
- Familiar with negotiating legal documentations such as LPA and other Governing documents. Able to extract key economics, compile, and document a thorough Summary with limited guidance
- Strategizing with and supporting Business Developers in sales and relationship management activities, including fundraising and responding to ongoing investor requests
- Participate in meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants to communicate our investment philosophy, strategy, portfolio companies, and performance. Significant travel should be expected
- Collaborate with product development, investment and client teams to identify and develop new and innovative private investment strategies.
- Mentor and contribute to the development of earlier career product management talent
The successful candidate for this position will have strong academic credentials, client relationship skills, demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and is likely to have at least 10-15+ years of experience in a related position. An understanding of asset management, private markets (including private equity, real estate, and/or credit, etc.) will also be important. Prior experience in a related position, advanced academic work (MBA, MS, etc.) and/or CFA are preferred. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Investment Director LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .