Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced individual to join our Fixed Income Investment Products and Strategies team as an Investment Director (Product Specialist/Client Portfolio Manager). The successful candidate will lead business and marketing strategy, and act as investment representative for the firm's fixed income business in in the US and other locations as needed, and in addition will help to ensure the integrity of our investment and risk management processes.
This role requires highly developed skills in marketing strategy, communication, portfolio analysis, and a solid foundation in investments. The successful candidate will be a flexible problem solver, with a can-do attitude, who is willing and able to take ownership of issues. He/she will work closely with members of the Business Development & Relationship Client Group, Fixed Income Portfolio Management, and other functional areas across the firm. This position is based in Boston however we are open to flexible work arrangements and geography. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific responsibilities will include: Portfolio Development & Marketing
Investment Integrity and Risk Management
- Contribute to the growth of the Fixed Income business by engaging with clients, prospects, and consultants;
- Assess business opportunities, and develop products and solutions where there is high potential;
- Create and implement marketing strategy, marketing materials, and investment guidelines;
- Represent portfolio managers and explain investment processes and portfolios to audiences that range widely in sophistication levels;
- Educate and consult with internal colleagues, clients and consultants on markets and portfolios;
- Differentiate and position strategies relative to those of competitors;
- Develop close working relationships with Business Development & Relationship Management colleagues.
- Oversee the investment and risk integrity of our portfolios on behalf of clients, in line with expectations:
- Set appropriate client expectations for performance in various market environments;
- Identify investment and operational risk issues and recommend process improvements.
Business Partner to Investment Teams
- Manage risks to the firm in the course of business, and client negotiations.
- Contribute actively to product development processes;
- Vet business opportunities in the context of the broader book of business;
- Work with the Business Development & Relationship Management Group on fixed income business
- Manage and lead the resolution of internal business issues associated with portfolios and solutions.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate qualification (e.g. MBA or CFA);
- 12+ years of related professional experience, ideally gained within the Asset Management industry, or institutional investment consulting;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- A strong fixed income background: portfolio management and/or product management experience strongly preferred
- Strong business judgment;
- Excellent quantitative and problem solving skills, and the ability to synthesize risk and perform attribution analysis;
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to manage multiple priorities;
- Creativity, attention to detail and leadership skills;
- The willingness to develop knowledge of non-traditional instruments and complex investment strategies;
- A willingness to travel.
Investment Director LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .