- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 15 Jan 19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Portfolio Development & Marketing
- Contribute to the growth of the Fixed Income business by engaging with clients, prospects, and consultants;
- Assess business opportunities, and develop products and solutions where there is high potential;
- Create and implement marketing strategy, marketing materials, and investment guidelines;
- Represent portfolio managers and explain investment processes and portfolios to audiences that range widely in sophistication levels;
- Educate and consult with internal colleagues, clients and consultants on markets and portfolios;
- Differentiate and position strategies relative to those of competitors;
- Develop close working relationships with Business Development & Relationship Management colleagues.
Investment Integrity and Risk Management
- Oversee the investment and risk integrity of our portfolios on behalf of clients, in line with expectations:
- Set appropriate client expectations for performance in various market environments;
- Identify investment and operational risk issues and recommend process improvements.
- Manage risks to the firm in the course of business, and client negotiations.
Business Partner to Investment Teams
- Contribute actively to product development processes;
- Vet business opportunities in the context of the broader book of business;
- Work with the Business Development & Relationship Management Group on fixed income business
- Manage and lead the resolution of internal business issues associated with portfolios and solutions.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* A strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate qualification (e.g. MBA or CFA);
* 12+ years of related professional experience, ideally gained within the Asset Management industry, or institutional investment consulting;
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
* A strong fixed income background: portfolio management and/or product management experience strongly preferred
* Strong business judgment;
* Excellent quantitative and problem solving skills, and the ability to synthesize risk and perform attribution analysis;
* The ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to manage multiple priorities;
* Creativity, attention to detail and leadership skills;
* The willingness to develop knowledge of non-traditional instruments and complex investment strategies;
* A willingness to travel.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .