- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The regional Investment Director will work in close partnership with Equity Portfolio Management and Product Management teams located outside of the Americas to develop and sustain their books of business in the Americas. The regional Investment Director will work closely with business developers, relationship managers, and other business professionals around the firm to position and represent our investment approaches for success in the marketplace, review and evaluate the integrity of our equity approaches and manage business issues associated with portfolios under coverage. The regional Investment Director will have a greater focus on product development and marketing efforts for these strategies, with primary investment integrity and risk management aspects of the role conducted by the Investment Director located in closest proximity to the PM teams.
Specific activities may include:
- Developing and executing the agenda to move the products under coverage forward and strategically build a sustainable book of business
- Creating business plans, marketing strategies and original investment content to differentiate the firm/investor and position our products/solutions in the marketplace
- Acting as an effective investment representative of assigned investment teams and their respective portfolios and/or investment process with clients, prospects and consultants
- Driving, facilitating and influencing business decisions in conjunction with the Investment Director located in closest proximity to the PM teams, such as those arising from operational complexity, fee negotiations, capacity limitations, investment guidelines, and the like
- Developing and articulating the broader case for investment in the respective strategy's target equity market
- Making both quantitative and qualitative evaluations of the investment strategy both for competitive positioning and client consulting
- Where appropriate, tailoring investment styles to meet client specific needs/guidelines
Investment Directors also act as team leaders and are expected, in conjunction with product management leadership, to actively participate in the development of talent by providing feedback and creating opportunities for team members. Product Management is a global team and members actively work to broadly share information and ensure colleagues have the tools to represent the investment approaches to clients and prospects around the world. Candidates will be expected to engage with colleagues in offices outside of the U.S., including Asia, during their business hours. Ability to work flexible hours to connect with global colleagues as needed will be critical for success in this role.
The Investment Director role is multi-faceted and requires deep demonstrated investment knowledge and a passion for equity investing. He/she must have deep market knowledge and compelling communication skills to conduct external and internal meetings across a range of audiences and market/product content. He/she must be intellectually curious, creative, proactive and solutions oriented. The ability to influence and be collaborative, inclusive and transparent while acting as a fiduciary on a wide range of business and investment integrity relative issues is imperative.
Further qualifications include:
- Substantial (15+ years) industry experience, with deep capital markets and investment knowledge, preferably in a relevant capacity such as managing money or working on the consulting side of the business
- A commercial mindset, and experience with global markets
- Strong personal presence and compelling communication skills
- Demonstrated business judgment skills and strong analytical skills
- Originality in thinking and ability to bring new ideas and creative solutions to discussions
- A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism with demonstrated experience creating connectivity across departments and geographies
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
- Comfort with ambiguity; a preference for breadth over depth
- An MBA and/or CFA
- Willingness to travel and demonstrate the flexibility needed to work within a global firm
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .