Investment Data Leader
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
BASIC PURPOSE :
The Investment Data Leader is accountable for execution and value realization of the investment data strategy and roadmap. The Investment Data Leader builds and manages the investment data program and team across all asset classes. The Investment Data Leader reports to the Chief Investment Risk Officer, has senior management visibility, aligns with the enterprise data strategy and collaborates with functional leaders across Investments, Distribution, Investment Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance. The Investment Data Leader is a strong advocate for the strategic and practical significance of investment data across the organization, and enables a critically important capability for the firm.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Builds, manages and develops the Investment Data Team. The Team is responsible for the quality, governance, and accessibility of investment data throughout the organization.
- Enables investment decision making, client reporting and risk management by evolving and executing the investment data strategy
- Leads and manages enterprise alignment in decision-making about the investment data program implementation, in consultation with MFS Senior Management, other functional leaders and governance organizations, external consultants and implementation partners
- Informs and facilitates funding decisions
- Oversees and manages the investment data program, including quality and trustee activities, defining business and user experience requirements, translating these into technical requirements and setting acceptance criteria. Contributes throughout the lifecycle of program work to support outcomes.
- Identifies technology and operational resource types, skillsets and delivery mechanisms for program implementation; establishes the business case for these resources and facilitates making resource requests
- Oversees and manages the investment data program metrics
- Oversees and manages communications about the investment data program, and coordinates with the Enterprise Data Strategy team on implementing data literacy initiatives
- Extends and contextualizes the Enterprise Data Model for Investment Data Subject Areas
- Stays up to date on information, technology, legal and regulatory trends that may inform investment data strategy and implementation
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration or a data and information related field
- 5+ years in a management, leadership and decision-making data-oriented role in investment management or financial services
- Firm grasp of the investment data environment and its complexities
- Familiarity with multiple asset classes, especially fixed income asset classes
- Business oriented mindset, with the ability to fluently translate between business language and data language
- Strategic foresight and entrepreneurial mindset around innovation and evolution to build long-term, sustainable outcomes
- Strong communication, leadership, creative problem solving and quantitative skills
- Ability to disrupt and drive transformative change while collaborating and building bridges
- Tenacious, outcome-oriented drive
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."