Investment Analytics & Data Internship (Python) - Summer 2020
Investment Analytics & Data Intern
Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo and Sydney. As of September 30 , 201 9 , the firm managed approximately US $ 9 5 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad. Position O verview:
The Investment Analytics & Data (IAD) team provides and develops the tools, data, software and systems that drive Acadian's quantitative forecasting models. We are seeking an exceptionally talented and motivated individual to join our team for the summer . The i ntern will have the opportunity to work with senior engineers, analysts and portfolio managers to improve our investment infrastructure and modeling process . This is a hands - on opportunity for the individual to gain experience at a top-tier quantitative investment management firm . As part of the experience, you will have access to training and mentorship from some of the most talented professionals in the industry. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys solving business challenges, and takes extreme pride in their work. Responsibilities :
- W riting code to improve the stability, speed and accuracy of signals/models used in Acadian's investment process
- Improving the usability of the tools and analytics used to evaluate Acadian's models
- Assist with various enhancements such as extensions to data access or visualization libraries
- Progress towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, finance or other analytical discipline required
- P rogramming experience in Python required; working knowledge of SQL preferred
- Strong data management and statistic s skills and a willingness to independently dissect, evaluate, and interpret results
- Motivation and ability to learn quickly , solve problems and communicate questions and findings in a clear manner
- Ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with other interns and investment professionals
To view all of Acadian's open positions please visit the Careers section of our website at http://www.acadian-asset.com/Careers/job-opportunities . We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.