- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Investment Analyst position is a critical part of the Investments and Risk Management team. The primary focus of this group is researching various portfolio management topics and identifying key investment trends and risks across our broad equity, asset allocation, hedge fund and fixed income strategies. The Analyst will be actively involved in ongoing research projects across risk and portfolio management functions. He/she will also be involved with investment risk-related factor research.
The team acts as a broad investment representative for the firm, advises on investment strategy with selected clients, and oversees a growing client list with ~$24 billion in multi-manager and factor portfolios. The group is also actively involved in Wellington Management's portfolio oversight processes and serves on a number of internal review committees.
The role requires a strong working knowledge of the various asset classes with a specific focus on Fixed Income markets. It would be helpful to have experience in risk analysis gained from experience in institutional investment management, risk management, and/or investment consulting. The individual should possess the ability to recognize broad investment trends, determine the risk implications beyond the individual portfolio level, and communicate the resulting risks across our various investment platforms. The successful candidate will establish credibility through technical skill and stature in risk management, by building collaborative working relationships with investment professionals, and through creating a shared vision of the benefits of more risk-aware decision making.
The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical foundation and organizational skills, be motivated by a team environment, and have the ability to learn about new analytical applications and investment products. Experience with risk concepts and database tools are required, with specific skills in Factset, BARRA, RiskMetrics, eVestment is considered a highly desirable. Other key qualifications include:
- Minimum of 5 plus years of experience in factor research, trading, risk management, and/or risk systems
- Strong academic track record; accounting, economics, mathematics or finance major preferred
- Desire to achieve a Master's degree and/or CFA
- Programming skills such as Python, Matlab, R, or C++
- Strong understanding of portfolio construction, derivative processing, risk analytics, and investments
- Thoroughness and attention to detail are essential traits given the importance of communicating correct information to investors and other members of the portfolio management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and deliver high quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of taking responsibility for independent projects with limited supervision
- Humility, natural curiosity and an excellent sense of humor
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Investment Risk Services
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .