Institutional Portfolio Manager - OCIO
Global Investment Solutions is an investment team that builds custom portfolios for a wide array of institutional and intermediary clients/prospects. The principal business lines of Columbia Threadneedle investment Solutions are Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) and Bespoke Multi-Asset, Multi-Manager Portfolios. Application of our team's and CTI's skill set includes Investment Policy Statement design, Strategic Asset Allocation, Manager Research and Selection, Portfolio Construction, Quantitative Analysis/Optimization, Tactical Asset Allocation, and Risk Management. Our team designs bespoke multi-asset, fixed income, and equity portfolios, with a global reach supported by a consultative approach to prospect/client engagement. Our team also manages OCIO/Model portfolios in the regulatory sensitive bank and insurance markets with the goal of expanding into defined benefit, defined contribution, and endowment/foundation markets. Currently assets under advice and management of the solutions team totals more than $120 billion and is a global footprint.
A candidate for this role should have a multi-asset background with the ability to carry portfolio construction and technical, regulatory sensitive conversations with clients. Technical and regulatory is defined in the sense of deep insights into specific asset classes and their interaction, as well as the ability to understand the regulatory environment and the consequences of our work that impacts our client portfolios. Significant interpersonal skills accompanying the aforementioned skills are required. The role reports into the Global Investment Solutions group which reports directly into CTI's CEO. Responsibilities
- The role would have the following attributes and approximate time allocations:
- 45%: Partner closely with the Solutions/OCIO Investment teams and serve as a proxy Portfolio Manager. Meet with clients and prospects as the OCIO representative and be able to explain the investment philosophy, process, and performance of the portfolio as a whole and specific investment capabilities within the portfolio, both internal and externally managed. Provide updates on the overall financial market performance, economic trends, and the firm's economic outlook as well comfort explaining SAA and TAA and current market views.
- 35%: Carry out commercial strategy objectives including prospecting presentations. Be involved in direct prospect and client outreach. Aid in the negotiation of contracts and service level agreements with internal and external vendors/partners. Partner with the RFP team to ensure that Solutions proposals properly represent the team and its capabilities. Work with consultants and our consultant relations team to engage the consulting community in a deliberate effort to properly represent CTI's capabilities in the OCIO space.
- 20%: Maintain relationships with all business partners including institutional sales, intermediary sales, compliance, finance, and other business partners. Stay abreast of all compliance, regulatory and legal requirements applicable to the OCIO and custom bespoke portfolios.
About Our Company
- Strong investment knowledge and demonstrated track record of success in raising assets and maintaining successful strategic relationships.
- 15+ years financial services experience, preferably in multi-asset portfolios
- Experience in participating in the design as well as speaking to custom solutions (OCIO, Delegated Portfolio Management, etc.)
- Technical expertise and good understanding of institutional client's regulatory frameworks as applied to define benefit and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, banks and insurance companies
- Demonstrated success influencing senior leaders across a matrix internal environment, as well as third parties.
- Strong writing/communication/presentation skills
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills to solve complex problems and identify new product solutions.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time
- Appropriate licensing, if deemed applicable
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.