Institutional Channel Marketer, Vice President, State Street Global Advisors
VP, Institutional Channel Marketing, North America
The Institutional Channel Marketer plays a lead role in growing and retaining the institutional business through strategy and execution of the North American marketing plan. In this role you will be responsible for developing the marketing plans that span across client segments, such as Corporates, Endowments and Foundations, Public DB plans and Sub-Advisory clients. You will be responsible for delivering all marketing tactics including advertising, thought leadership and other collateral via email, events, public relations and websites. You are passionate about investment management trends, innovation and new thinking. Communication channels include print and digital media, interactive experiences and video/audio scripts. As part of a Global Marketing team you will enjoy working with colleagues across EMEA and APAC to ensure a differentiated strategy, positioning and content program is put in place with a goal of improving marketing effectiveness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
This is an opportunity for a well-rounded and highly collaborative marketing professional with existing insights into the institutional marketplace and particularly around major marketing themes such as Emerging Markets, ESG, and Multi-asset strategies. You will deliver content marketing and thought leadership programs from strategy through execution, measurement and refinement. You will bring organizational skills, a professional sense of urgency and a profound respect for the interests and needs of our clients.
You will execute on marketing tactics in alignment with business objectives, client concerns and sales goals.
You will work with our marketing vendors to devise new, innovative ways of reaching our clients.
You will be willing to develop and leverage your digital marketing skills and take advantage of the digital platforms we have available for deep client engagement with our content and our distribution staff.
- Drive North American institutional marketing strategy
- Execute on scalable, repeatable and packaged marketing programs
- Managing the compliance review process for new or updated marketing
- Write content or communications to promote our thought leadership including investment themes and timely market insights
- Partner with the global brand and digital marketing teams to post or update materials on our websites and social media
- Work with the thought leadership and the content team to plan the ongoing roadmap of marketing assets including key research initiatives
- Manage your marketing budget against marketing plan
- Partner with PR team building assets for earned media - brief PR, outline success and allow time for delivery
- Run and manage proprietary events and conferences (including. webinars)
- Drive the client experience - manage touch points and ensure consistency of messaging (including eDM and web)Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferably with major in marketing or communications; masters degree preferred
- Ten or more years of relevant marketing communications experience; financial services or employee defined benefit communications experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop communication campaigns that deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills are paramount to the success of this role
- Ability to drive initiatives independently
- Understanding of the marketplace including regulatory and legislative landscape
- Understanding of digital and reporting platforms such as Marketo, Salesforce, Adobe, Tableau (view) and proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
- This position is based in Boston. Some domestic travel will be required to support vendor management, intra-company collaboration and client/prospect meetings.
ABOUT STATE STREET GLOBAL ADVISORS
SSGA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential is important to us. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.