Information Security Officer
Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Chief Information Security Officer Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Chief Information Security Officer Job Summary:
This position is the Banks senior Information Security Executive. It is responsible for all aspects of the Banks information security program including the planning, development, and execution of the Banks information security strategy and operations. The position includes oversight and management of the information security department and all associated functions. Principal Accountabilities:
- Provide leadership for the development, interpretation, application and adherence of Bank-wide information security policies.
- Represents this Bank nationally, as the Banks Information Security Officer (ISO), and works collaboratively with ISOs throughout the system in the development of security policies, security architecture and the protection of system assets.
- Collaborates with business areas to identify security risks and develop and implement plans to reduce these risks.
- Manages the Banks Insider Risk Management (IRM) program and coordinates IRM activities with Information Security, Human Resources, Legal, and Law Enforcement leadership.
- Ensures Bank-wide compliance with all information security standards and processes.
- Develops and oversees the Banks outreach to public and private organizations in New England to help them improve their cyber security capabilities, and to ensure the safety and soundness of the financial services supply chain.
- Partners with the Systems Financial Support Office to ensure proper risk management and resiliency of critical financial and accounting applications.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position directly supervises one or more directors and/or managers; may have matrix or other reporting relationships with other Federal Reserve System teams. Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 10-12 years of job related experience, including at least 5-7 plus years of supervisory/ management experience managing multi-functional teams and projects. CISSP, CISM or other advanced professional certification preferred. Being an active member within the New England security community is preferred. This position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization. Eligibility
: Due to the business need for an advanced government clearance, US Citizenship is required for this role. The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history checks.
The second phase, which might not be complete until after you begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional risk-based security screening with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance. US Citizenship is required for this position. Primary Location:
MA-Boston Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Day Job Travel:
Yes, 15 % of the Time