Information Security Officer
Chief Information Security Officer Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Chief-Information-Security-Officer_R-630207-1/apply
To support its continued evolution, State Street is seeking a visionary risk focused leader to manage a comprehensive and sophisticated program to ensure the security of State Streets deployed solutions, critical information,
and other data assets and build upon that security discipline to better serve the firm and its clients.
The Enterprise Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) has accountability for managing the internal and external regulatory support and sponsorship for information security across the organization and around the world. Working together with the Global CISO, Group CIO to implement best in class information security policies, structure and standards. This leader will bring together different disciplines that revolve around security to establish the vision, strategy and architecture to ensure client and other data can be secured effectively and flexibly. State Street is particularly focused on new and innovative approaches to security grounded in experiences across high technology and government organizations.
The role will report to the COO of State Street Corporation.
- Support the development of a longer-term strategic technology and regulatory/risk roadmap which aligns to the future needs of the organization, to include the prioritization of critical cybersecurity initiatives with data security, informational security advancements. Balances the need for control of information assets with access requirements.
- Partner with clients for their audit engagements as a managed service provider.
- Implement and achieve key quality and productivity metrics for data security and management; ensuring these are benchmarked to industry best practices.
- Lead an effective information security governance function whereby key stakeholders are brought into the decision process. Drive the prioritization process by aligning business goals with information security resources, identifying the initiatives that are of the highest value to the business, and gaining buy-in for those initiatives.
- Recruit, retain and manage an effective information security organization with a committed management team and staff that endorses and support the values and mission of the company.
- Lead the creation and ongoing maintenance of new security processes to address vulnerabilities for the technology portfolio.
- Contribute to enterprise updates to information security policy and create innovative methods to improve capabilities.
- Partner with corporate communications, global CISO and other key stakeholders to increase company-wide knowledge of security capabilities.
- Oversee incident response and incident response planning, as well as assist in the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches, as necessary.
- Oversee regular third-party independent audits of information security systems and protocols, represent the company as a knowledgeable resource, and act as the primary contact for issues regarding State Street security.
- Develop core capability for the enterprise in the areas of information management, data management and information asset protection.
- Establish a deepened view of global regulatory changes, evolving risk profiles and emerging technologies resulting in a much greater degree of understanding at the board and executive committee of the organization.
- Have delivered a dynamic set of capabilities and processes to mature the companys cybersecurity capabilities.
Posted TodayFull timeR-630207
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .