This role works with business clients to understand issues impeding their day to day activities. Exposure to investment practices and supporting applications used in the investment industry is desired. Excellent communication skills are required as the position involves acting as a liaison between customers and subject matter authorities. Interact and coordinate with business teams, managers, application development, along with various other IT teams as required. Role works with SQL, unix, XML, and FIX messaging to triage production issues. Main duties and responsibilities:
- Incident Management including major incidents
- Basic Data Maintenance
- Level 2 Support of finance applications including analysis of production issues that fall outside predefined procedures
- Assuming ownership of problems and driving towards their resolution
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary
- Monitor system for possible issues, performing system health checks as required
- Research issues to ensure service level agreements are met, and research application, data, and database related issues
- Issue tracking via ticket tracking system and participation in Metric document production
- Understanding of and ability to use PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of Autosys
- Basic knowledge of Unix/linux including shell scripting
- General understanding of Windows
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a production support, development, or business analyst role, preferably in the Financial Industry.
- Exposure to Financial Markets crossing multiple asset classes
- Exposure to the FIX Protocol and with XML
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelors Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject preferred.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.