We are currently seeking a Data Engineer / Data Analyst with a technical background and data analysis experience. The role will include financial data onboarding, ESG data loading, processing & dissemination tasks, and support research database based projects within IT team. The team works closely with investment researchers to supply quality ESG data to investment models and to various data consumers across the firm.
The successful candidate will have strong business and technology acumen, build partnerships, foster close collaboration and work hand in hand with the business and technology teams. The candidate must have programming skillsets (R/Python/SQL) and hands-on experience on database queries in order to prepare data for operational uses and research analysis, support development tests, and aim to optimize the data solutions. As the IT Data Engineer for ESG Research Team, you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Provide analysis for data onboarding projects and support database developments
- Manage operational data loading, processing and validation tasks that populates research database
- Consolidate, transform and cleanse inbound and outbound data by leveraging programing skills
- Support Data Quality BI reports development and maintenance
- Develop and document functional specifications for data processing pipelines and database development projects
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to understand the complexities of the various data sets, and the multidimensional impacts across technology, operational procedures, and the organization
- Work with research data and IT experts to strive for quality data and lean process in our database
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with relational database
- Programming skills in R/Python for data analysis
- Experience with financial data (preferably ESG) and BI reporting tools
- Highly organized, and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good documentation skills
- Excellent & proactive communications in engaging and cooperating with internal and external teams
About State Street What we do.
- Qualified degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or Finance
- Financial Services background, including investment or asset management
- Information technology expertise
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street's COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.