Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE:
Using professional judgment and in depth knowledge of Blended Research investment strategies, internal risk parameters and client guidelines work on behalf of the Investment team with Global Investment Support's Investment and Client Risk teams, Transition management teams, and MFSI's Client Service Managers and Product Specialists to customize, implement and monitor individual portfolio risk parameters, investment guidelines and performance objectives. With quantitative investment knowledge individual will build a solid understanding of research process, portfolio construction, and portfolio performance to assist in and assume leadership for the preparation of materials for client meetings. This is to include details of market activity, portfolio performance, including quantitative and other factors PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the creation and preparation of quarterly investment letters, and market commentary, and additional materials for bespoke projects such as conference presentations.
- Participate in client meetings where appropriate and respond to portfolio and market related client queries, acting as an additional resource for both the product team and distribution teams in general.
- Gather up to date information related to performance of quantitative and fundamental inputs, sectors and regions within the portfolios, working with quantitative analysts and PMs where appropriate. Demonstrate an understanding of portfolio performance in written format, summarizing key performance drivers, including a detailed discussion of the important factors (quantitative and fundamental) that affected short and longer term performance as well as the impact of market related trends on the strategy's overall performance..
- Assume responsibility for the editing and approval client-facing materials such as quarterly reports, factor attribution skyline, investment commentary, quarterly strategy content and thought leadership pieces to support the broader platform.
- Review and monitor investment guidelines to ensure accuracy in coordination with investment team.
- Monitors and documents modifications to the model / clone relationship necessary to adhere to client guidelines, assists in monitoring compliance risk at the position level
- Assist in selection of investment resource to distribution for participation in client meetings.
- Act as liaison between investment team, product team and compliance/risk teams to ensure new opportunities or the transition of existing clients are implemented in accordance to the investment guidelines of the mandate.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, CFA and/or MBA strongly preferred;
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience;
- Quantitative research and/or quantitative investment experience required
- Proven analytical skills and ability to make independent decisions and develop creative solutions;
- Sound judgment regarding escalation practices as well as excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills;
- Solid understanding of different security types and derivative instruments;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a high pressure fast paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills.
- Excel spreadsheet knowledge required, working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Perl and familiarity with Barra, FactSet, Bloomberg desired.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."