S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Head of Commercial Strategy Americas
The Location: New York, Boston, US
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 15
The Software Solutions segment sits within S&P Global Market Intelligence and provides clients with industry-leading software and services, covering enterprise data management, investment management, loans software & services and private markets solutions.
The segment is comprised of a diverse set of enterprise software, SaaS, data, and service offerings, including the following market leading products: iLevel, EDM, thinkFolio, Wall Street Office (WSO), Debt Domain, Notice Manager and Prism.
The Commercial Strategy team within Software Solutions is responsible for overall strategy and go-to-market for the entire segment. The team is also responsible for identifying potential partnerships and M&A candidates as we look at new areas of opportunity. Our team works in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that fosters growth, knowledge building, collaboration and teamwork.
The Commercial Strategy team within Software Solutions is seeking an ambitious and proven Head of Commercial Strategy to drive strategy and go-to-market for the Americas region. The Americas team is focused on several market segments, including Liquid Multi-Asset & LP's, GP Alternatives, Public & Private Credit and Sell-Side. The successful candidate will have previous commercial strategy, business development or sales leadership experience and a detailed understanding of the market landscape including areas of opportunity, challenges, industry trends, competitive landscape and market dynamics.
The candidate will be responsible for helping to define and execute on a strategy that encompasses relevant software and service offerings from our Software Solutions segment in the Americas region, to solve complex client challenges and drive revenue growth.
The candidate will understand our offerings, how they create value for customers and where the industry is moving. The individual will use this to inform our go-to-market strategy, working in close partnership with product management, client management, and sales to exceed our customer's expectations. In addition to working with sales, client management and product management, the candidate will collaborate and partner with other peers in commercial strategy, development, operations and implementation delivery teams to execute on our strategy & vision.
What's in it for you:
- Proven management skills with the ability to motivate and lead a team of domain experts across each market segment
- Possess strong relationship management and collaboration skills with ability to partner & influence decisions among internal stakeholders and colleagues across all business functions
- Proven ability to partner with and influence external decision makers
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Full of initiative and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced business environment
- Engaging and credible presence, particularly at executive levels
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to find creative solutions to challenging situations or problems
- This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
- Flexible Working
- We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
- Return to Work
- Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
- Responsible for defining and executing on go-to-market strategy across all market segments within the Americas
- Partner with other Commercial Strategy team members globally to ensure alignment on market-segment strategy and execution against strategy plan.
- Partner with other peers across sales, professional services, client management, product and operations to support new revenue growth while protecting existing baseline revenue in line with our strategy
- Identify new areas of growth for Software Solutions (new markets, services offerings, product offerings, etc.)
- Partner with other team members within commercials strategy for the creation of business case documents, quarterly business reviews and other corporate initiatives
- Incorporate all relevant Software Solutions products (e.g. EDM, WSO, iLEVEL, thinkFolio, etc.) into strategy for the region
- Provide input into the monthly revenue forecasting process to help drive accurate for the segment within region
- Act as client escalation point for segment within region and participate in regular client steering committee calls
- Drive and support marketing strategy, campaigns and positioning to ensure ongoing brand awareness
- Influence M&A strategy and work with our Alliances team to drive partnerships with 3rd parties where applicable
- Design and implement market-segment sales strategies to align with global sales directives and revenue targets
- Support the sales team in progressing deals as required (e.g. active participation in key opportunities, prospect/client meetings, executive meetings, deal strategy, etc.)
- Engage in strategic contract negotiations where applicable
- Provide regular feedback to product management based on market intelligence and client demand in order to help drive product roadmap priority and direction.
What We're Looking For:
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only)
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in roles within commercial strategy, sales leadership, business development or similar
- May have previous experience on client side as a consumer of similar (SPGI or other) products and services
- Experience with market analysis, strategy definition and execution
- Must be a team player with proven ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team
- You can set clear strategic direction, create followership, and can navigate a large organization to collaborate with and empower teams and stakeholders to achieve common objectives
- Commercial, results-oriented and self-starter
- Strong ability to partner and collaborate both externally and internally. Team player with the ability to successfully operate independently and collaborate closely with teammates and colleagues across global regions, various business lines and functions.
- Able to collaborate with other teams and individuals outside of Commercial Strategy
- Displays energy, enthusiasm, drive and stamina
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required in order to be successful in the role.
- Proficiency in Excel and PPT required
- Proficiency in using Salesforce and Power BI (or other BI tools) for reporting is a plus
- Able to communicate effectively across different stakeholder groups, both verbally and in writing
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with stakeholder groups across geographical boundaries
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary for this position is $180,000 - $250,000 depending on experience. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), BSMGMT201 - Senior Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
283519 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States