HR Relationship Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are seeking a Human Resources Relationship Manager (HRRM) to join our team in Boston. The HRRM will have broad generalist responsibilities providing HR business partnership to a subset of our investment teams.
Through strong relationships, good judgment, situational flexibility and a natural curiosity about the investment management business, the HRRM will be a hands-on business partner to management teams on a wide variety of talent topics aligned with business needs. In addition, the HRRM will be involved across a wide variety of cross-functional HR initiatives, working closely with the HR specialist teams, including diversity and inclusion, compensation planning and analysis, recruitment, learning and development, and global mobility, etc. RESPONSIBILITIES:
In particular, the HRRM will have the following responsibilities:
- Partner with the line as key business issues and talent themes are identified to ensure appropriate HR solutions
- Act as an advisor to managers for employee relations, compensation (during mid and year-end cycle), on-boarding and assimilation of new hires, development planning and various additional talent decisions, as needed. For ER, this includes working with managers to identify issues before they become problems, and to develop interventions to resolve
- Partner with the business on key talent transitions including supporting new managers or leaders in new roles, employee transitions and coverage plans for leaves of absences
- Develop talent strategies designed to increase diversity and inclusion within the client department partnering with line management to implement them through all aspects of the talent life cycle.
- Closely collaborate with global HR colleagues to coach and influence in a highly global, matrixed environment
- Be a resource to employees for questions and concerns and assist them with career development and career progression issues.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a high performing, high integrity environment. He/she will be a clear communicator, strategic thinker and analytically oriented with the ability to thrive in a flexible, matrixed and global environment. Candidates should have a minimum of 10-15 years of Human Resource experience with prior experience working as a generalist in a sophisticated, intellectually oriented, professional services environment. Working with investors is a plus. Other qualifications include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Relationship management skills and a customer focused mindset
- Ability to influence and a strong understanding of the importance of flexible delivery/situational awareness
- Intellectually curiosity and the desire/ability to understand the investment management industry, our business and investment process
- Demonstrated ability to both be part of a team and be self-directed to "get things done"
- The ability to thrive within the unique culture and flat structure espoused by Wellington Management Company
HR Relationship Manager LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .