Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS is a premier investment management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
This Co-op experience provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
• Co-Op New Hire Orientation
• Senior Leadership Speaker Series
• Social & Networking Events
• Presentation Challenges
At the conclusion of this position, co-ops will have increased their knowledge of investing, the mutual fund industry, employee engagement, and a firm understanding of how human resources works at an asset manager.
MFS co-op positions are a 6-month commitment (January 11th, 2022 - June 30th, 2022), working Monday - Friday and work between 35-40 hours. Our program is designed for undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a co-op program through their college or university and can meet our requirements. About the Human Resources Co-op
The Human Resources Co-op is a great opportunity for students looking to broaden their knowledge of how Human Resources (HR) functions in a corporate setting. If you are interested in learning how hiring, training, benefits, and compensation decisions are made within organizations, this position may be the one for you. You will have a chance to work with a wide range of HR professionals on meaningful projects that impact the work we do every day, from shadowing Talent Acquisition associates through the candidate application proves, to assisting HR Business Partners (HRBP) with presentations to senior leadership. Principle Responsibilities
- Partners with the Campus Recruiter to assist in coordination, set up and attendance at some recruitment events
- Compiles onboarding materials for newly hired employees
- Exposure to full-cycle recruitment practices
- Researches information for the Talent Acquisition team, including competitive insights, new tools and technology, etc.
- Organize and execute major volunteer events including Global Week of Giving Back and Co-op Volunteer Day
- Help manage internal communications regarding volunteer programs with employees, nonprofit and community organizations
- Research and present information on trends in Corporate Citizenship and Diversity to MFS Corporate Citizenship Committee
- Assist the HRBP team with presentations to senior leaders, including creating and editing PowerPoint decks
- Distribute weekly reports to HR teams regarding hiring information and other HR-related activities
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
• Have a genuine interest in Human Resources and talent development
• Strong Microsoft office skills and a keen eye for detail
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
• Proactive in approach
• Commitment to learning, problem solving and customer service
• Comfortable working as part of a team and independently Interviews for those selected will be held virtually via Zoom on October 18-20. While our co-ops typically work out of our Boston, MA office, provisions will be made to adapt to a wholly or partially virtual environment should circumstances require. Co-ops will need to work from the US even if partially remote.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."