Global Portfolio Associate
- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
The Global Portfolio Associate is a member of the Global Income Department’s Portfolio Analysis team. The team works closely with portfolio management and the trading desk to optimally implement investment ideas, identify risks, and uncover opportunities. The team routinely engages in projects to identify ways to improve investment performance. This role may have shifted hours to cover European or Asian trading hours.
- Work with Portfolio Managers to implement new ideas across our various investment strategies.
- Model order instructions for traders into our portfolio management system.
- Build investment screening tools.
- Develops a high level of understanding of account restrictions and compliance rules to optimize strategy implementation.
- Create, generate and interpret portfolio investment and performance attribution reports.
- Oversees various critical tasks including maintenance of risk models.
- Assists with other Department projects as needed.
- Passion for investing, coding, and building complex investment models.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a major in finance, math, engineering, or other quantitative subjects.
- 1+ years of related work experience or relevant internship experience preferred.
- Programming skills in R, Matlab, SQL, C#, and/or Python.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to be flexible with regards to work hours.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently.
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110