Global Markets QA Software Engineer - Test Automation
We're looking for talented, experienced software QA engineer (Test Automation) with solid functional skills and a passion for testing software for Client Server applications. The candidate will join a team testing Financial Services applications developed in Java and web based applications. Will develop new tests and support existing regressions tests on keyword based UFT framework. Must have hands-on experience writing VB Script code, not simply running tests. In addition to the UFT scripts, must have hands-on writing code for Java/Selenium projects. Excellent communication skills; must be comfortable working with developers and analysts.
The person will be coordinating with development/manual QA team, writing test cases, build our automated testing tools and scripts, working with a remote QA team, helping support our QA environment, and of course actually doing various levels of testing the products. The position is located at our Boston, MA location. Excellent benefits, flexible work environments with state of the art technology and very lucrative compensation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
- 5+ years software testing experience
- 3+ years of UFT programming experience
- 3+ years of strong SQL experience in Oracle, MySQL
- 3+ years of Java/Selenium programming experience
- Hands-on experience with keyword/data driven automation frameworks
- Hands-on experience testing Web Services using SoapUI or equivalent tool
- Exposure leading offshore/onsite automation team is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins
- Experience in performance/load testing is desired..
- Experience in testing single page applications
- Experience in Financial Services is desired
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment is desired
- Research technologies and methodologies which will improve our test practices
- Very strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask several responsibilities
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with web services, REST, SOAP, XSLT, XSD, and XML is a plus.
- Experience with FIX or SWIFT would be a plus.
- Experience with Web Services testing
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux and Windows operating systems, Must be comfortable using standard UNIX utilities to do testing and identify issues.
- Self-motivated, quick learner and creative problem solver, organized, and responsible team player