Global Industry Analyst, Energy Team, Global E&Ps
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are seeking an experienced Equity Analyst to join our Energy team within Global Industry Research (GIR). Based in Boston, s/he will be responsible for conducting research and making recommendations on global E&P stocks.
This Global Industry Analyst (GIA) will conduct fundamental research that leads to differentiated insights derived from asking innovative questions, anticipating trends, identifying risks and potential disruptions in a rapidly changing industry.
Over time, we expect the GIA to take on portfolio management responsibilities for his/her industry within the firm's research portfolios. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion - The GIA will have a deep understanding of the energy industry, sectors, and companies, identify mispricing and valuation discrepancies, make investment recommendations, and communicate his/her findings to Portfolio Managers globally, who manage long-only and hedge fund portfolios on behalf of our clients. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the markets with a demonstrated track record of successful stock recommendations. S/he must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom up approach, supported by a strong investment philosophy and process. Furthermore, the GIA will be able to implement those ideas through a highly analytical and detailed approach.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of company coverage and idea generation. S/he will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and externally with company management teams. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; s/he must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action oriented opinions clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. S/he will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of the energy sector within it.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Service orientation with a fiduciary and client-centric mindset;
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity;
- Ability to remain focused and appropriately allocate time to "what matters;"
- History of professional achievement;
- Highest personal and professional integrity and ethics; and
- Strong academic credentials.
Global Industry Analyst, Energy Team, Global E&Ps LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com