Global Head of 451 Advisors
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Global Head of 451 Advisors Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 14 The Location:
USA Locations (New York, Boston, others also considered) The Team:
The Team is a global team composed of experienced consultants, industry practitioners and executives, many of whom have been at the helm of, or trusted advisors to, the largest technology vendors in the market. The Impact:
We are looking to hire an experienced professional that will lead the 451 Advisors team. The role will involve full oversight and accountability to drive revenue, manage consulting deliverables, operationalize with excellence, manage a seasoned team of consultants with decades of industry experience, manage senior relationships with key strategic clients, as well as develop and execute the strategic vision and roadmap of 451 Advisors and S&P Global Market Intelligence's consulting services. What's in it for you
: We are looking for someone to own the full P&L of 451 Advisors, drive and grow the business and help shape the strategic direction of S&P Global Market Intelligence's consulting practices. This is a senior role with high visibility across the executive team. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Full P&L Ownership and accountability - Actively budget and manage full 451 Advisors P&L, including yearly revenue budgeting, expense budgeting and regularly reporting financial performance to the executive team and senior stakeholders.
- Team management - manage a global team of consultants, motivate, support, and steer the direction of the 451 Advisors team. Identify opportunities for growth and development of team members, train, and onboard new hires. Develop both team and individual goals and KPIs.
- Business Development - Define and implement overall business development strategy, including performing TAM analysis, prioritization of commercial opportunities by deliverable type, region and company type and coordination with broader S&P Global commercial team for execution.
- Pricing - Define and roll out pricing strategy for all 451 Advisors solutions and services
- Operations - coordinate, plan and support all operational requirements, including legal support, order management and fulfilment.
- Project Delivery - manage all project delivery operations and processes including requirement gathering, design and execution of research programs, market data analysis and client deliverable presentation/delivery. Manage existing project delivery methodologies and define new ones, including templates and tools to help scale the business and create efficiencies surrounding consulting deliverables.
- Project management - coordinate team project management plan including management of project schedules, coordination of project resources and manage resourcing conflicts through thoughtful and well planned cross functional team coordination across multiple corporate functions.
- Marketing and Communication - Define overall go to market plan for 451 Advisors including developing a coherent marketing strategy, coordinating with marketing counterparts to develop well defined marketing campaigns to support commercial activity and working closely with S&P Global Market Intelligence's external communications team to help develop brand equity.
- Contracting - support all contracting operations and coordinate complex contracting arrangements with key strategic clients. Support the team throughout the contracting process. Support the management of all third-party contracting relationships.
- Pipeline Tracking & Forecasting - own and coordinate sales and revenue pipeline reviews across the team. Manage pipeline / revenue risk and generate regular forecasting, clearly communicating details to internal stakeholder.
- Consulting Policy - Drive the development of guidelines and policies governing consulting services to help manage risk.
- Product Management - Implement product strategies for management of existing consulting services and development of new offerings.
- Advocacy - Lead advocacy of advisory and consulting services across the S&P Global business portfolio, supporting cross selling opportunities and helping drive strategic projects.
The right candidate will possess proven leadership skills, ability to manage complex projects, significant experience in the research, insights, data & analytics industry, and ability to influence both external and internal customers. Experience managing market research consulting teams is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree or MBA preferred
- 15+ Years of relevant experience
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Proven track record of strong team management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to fully manage a business P&L
- Knowledge of the information technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to develop and win project-oriented consulting business
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects involving multiple client stakeholders and multiple internal and external resources
- Solid organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Experience working and communicating with C-Level executives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence both external and internal stakeholders
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations, taking ownership and accountability, and surfacing actionable solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), and knowledge of advanced analytical and visualization tools.
- Knowledge of the financial industry and/or financial divisions/departments a plus
- Collaborative and supportive. You love working with, listening to, and understanding others.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $121,600 to $338,600. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
260809 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States