Who we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the GlobalLink FX business as a member of the Product Sales team, with a specific focus on our Sell Side clients. Whilst the successful candidate will be joining a supportive team and will receive extensive training, the role is very much a 'hands on' position and they will be expected to contribute to the success and growth of these products moving forward.
The electronic trading landscape within which our businesses operate is a competitive and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. As such, we seek a dynamic self-starter who will flourish in a challenging and varied environment.
The individual should have some client relationship experience and experience of dealing with client initiatives and/or issue resolution.
The individual will ideally have worked in the FX space or with FX trading platforms and/or post trade applications, however not required. Financial industry experience recommended. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions that are straightforward and scalable.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Work with the North America team to implement and monitor the GlobalLink FX sell side plan and successfully achieve an assigned revenue budget while contributing to the broader GlobalLink goals and initiatives.
- Assisting the NA Sell Side sales team in client onboarding, specific client liaison initiatives, data collation and distribution, unique client inquiries and client requested projects & deliverables.
- Begin to develop understanding of the competitive landscape
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and timely deliverables
- Risk Excellence. Operate in compliance with internal and external regulations and make sure that escalation procedures are followed. Be mindful of the risk excellence culture at all times.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Able to perform across multiple process in parallel with effective prioritization of tasks in a high-pressure, fast moving, environment.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) at all levels of an organization with both external and internal clients and service providers, a proven ability in building relationships is therefore essential.
- Prior experience within trading solutions and/or technology sales, dealing with Banks, asset managers, Hedge funds, Insurers and Corporates, experience within foreign exchange or related markets is desirable.
- Proven ability to drive new initiatives and ideas forward.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative fashion to ensure excellent level of client service
- Persistent negotiation and breakthrough ability and resolving client problems
- Fully aware of all procedures, best practices, escalation policies and other codes of conduct relevant to the execution of the role, with proven high ethical standard
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
About State Street What we do.
- Undergraduate degree required and/or relevant professional qualification of 2+ years' experience in trading technology or related markets; foreign exchange is a plus
- Strong computer skills, MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access)
- Client facing experience preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers