Fund Governance & Oversight Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
As part of the Investment Product and Fund Strategies Group (IPFS), the US & Alts Fund Management Team is responsible for Wellington Management's US and alternatives pooled fund businesses, including commingled trust vehicles sponsored by Wellington Trust Company, NA, US and Cayman/Bermuda alternative funds sponsored by Wellington Alternative Investments, and long-only US and Cayman funds sponsored by Wellington Funds US. As of June 30, 2021, the US & Alts Fund Management Team had oversight responsibility for over 250 commingled funds, with assets under management of US$75 billion from more than 1,500 clients.
The Fund Governance and Oversight Analyst will provide broad analytic support and fiduciary oversight of fund sponsor activities pertaining to fund governance, day-to-day business management and project-based work in support of the team's strategic objectives. The Analyst will play an important fiduciary role in overseeing fund and business practices and ensuring compliance with the wide range of regulatory obligations for the funds and their investors. The role will require detailed execution across a broad range of business, regulatory, governance, and investment-related activities, as well as cross-functional project management.
- Perform monitoring and oversight across a wide range of fund activities including regulatory and policy execution and tracking, required filings, cash flow activities, onboarding, AML, BCP, and compliance with ERISA and other relevant regulatory regimes
- Execute critical fund oversight analytics and prepare and review materials for oversight committees; participate in regulatory exam prep
- Collaborate with client-facing and other business personnel to respond to client inquires
- Review regulatory developments and their impact on business functions and participate and/or lead projects to develop processes to comply with new or updated regulatory requirements
- Develop expertise in fund data and contribute to an environment of strong data governance and controls
- Participate in department and/or firmwide projects and initiatives
- Develop, update and provide presentations for a variety of audiences
- Represent the fund sponsor in a variety of functions including exception management, error and issue resolution, board and committee communications, vendor oversight and more
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of achievement, a strong fiduciary mindset, capacity for differentiated thinking, high accountability, a strong work ethic and attention to detail and the ability to work across teams.
In addition, the candidate should process the following attributes:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Minimum of three years relevant experience in the financial industry, preferably in the investment management sector with a focus on funds
- Intellectual curiosity, originality in thinking and ability to bring new ideas and creative solutions to discussions
- Ability to distill complicated topics down to the relevant details and draw conclusions that will lead to the identification of next steps or necessary action items
- Ability to proactively drive projects in a highly matrixed and collaborative team environment;
- Exceptional communication skills including interpersonal, verbal and written skills;
- Flexibility and the ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence and act decisively
- Impeccable business judgment and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity; continuously seek out ways to improve upon and elevate effective work processes, such as employing technology to leverage resources that reflect and extend the Wellington standard and deliver a high return on investment for the firm
- Strong fit with the firm's cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality;
- Sense of humor and passion for working in a creative and collaborative environment
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
Fund Governance & Oversight Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .