Fund Accounting & Administration, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financial reporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to one of the largest Open-Ended Private Equity Funds. Join this growing team that is passionate about building innovative solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers.
As a Senior Associate you will be responsible for the preparation, analysis and reporting of investment and fund performance data for a complex Private Equity/Credit Fund. Why this role is important to us
This Senior Associate position is within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services (AIS) group, a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity/credit funds. The position will interact directly with external clients as well as State Street onshore and offshore teams, providing complete end-to-end solutions for a major Private Equity/Credit Investment Fund.
Join us if you are up to the challenge of administrating a mega fund and look to grow with the team. Job Description
This position handles the day-to-day fund & partnership accounting and related administration. Responsibilities
- Review and/or prepare daily position and cash reconciliations, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and process journal entries, maintain general ledger
- Prepare capital calls and distribution allocation schedules
- Prepare financial work papers including portfolio schedules partners' capital allocations and capital statements.
- Prepare process and monitoring USD and non-USD cash movement
- Review Junior Associate and offshore teams' work
- Prepare various client correspondence and related ad hoc correspondence.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors providing requested information to specific inquiries as needed.
- Participate in special client or internal projects
- 3-5 years of fund accounting or related experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Experience with Investran a plus
- Experience with investment/Portfolio accounting platforms a plus
- Specific experience in the Private Equity industry preferred
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers