Full Stack Applications Developer
Who we are looking for
As Full Stack Applications Developer you will
What we value
- Design and develop front-end code in React.js
- Design and develop back-end code in Java, interfacing to Oracle database
- Use messaging middleware and Web Sockets, where appropriate, for communications
- Enhance and maintain FX Connect core business logic and introduce new business workflows
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A passion for software development, technology, and core business
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork, ability to work with peers in a collaborative fashion
• BA/BS degree or equivalent.
• 10+ years' Web UI / Java backend development experience with at least 3+ years of financial industry experience.
• Demonstrated experience with expert-level knowledge working with React.js, TypeScript, Redux, Sagas, and the related technology stack.
• Demonstrated experience with in-depth knowledge of Node.js and server-side frameworks such as Nest, GraphQL.
• Backend development experience with core Java
• Oracle database knowledge - SQL, PL-SQL
• Database access technologies such as Hibernate, JDBC, iBatis
• Middleware technologies such as WebSockets and messaging / JMS would be desirable Additional requirements
Some understanding of foreign exchange business will be helpful. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Link, is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.