Foreign Exchange Sales and Trading, Global Markets, Vice President
Purpose of Role:
Act as a central point of contact for clients using SSGM's direct foreign exchange sales and trading services. Manage and develop institutional client relationships in order to facilitate capital markets business. Provide FX coverage, in-depth analysis, innovative solutions, competitive pricing and execution . Market State Street's unique academic research and global market trading capabilities. Major Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience
- Manage a portfolio of institutional client relationships with a focus on the alternatives segment.
- Prospect new clients and grow the existing franchise by leveraging State Street's research, technology tools, and content.
- Achieve goals regarding client acquisition, volume of business, and cross sell.
- Collaborate with SSGM trading and strategy to deliver differentiated macro thought leadership to our clients.
- Assume responsibility for new business initiatives including working with internal teams on corporate wide initiatives.
- Pursue risk excellence including adhering to procedures, regulations and credit limits.
Undergraduate degree preferred or relevant/comparable professional qualification and 5-10 years' experience in foreign exchange or related markets. Proven ability to build and retain client relationships. Required Competencies
- Sophisticated understanding of foreign exchange products and the application to asset managers, hedge funds and alternative managers. This includes advising on hedging and trading strategies.
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory environment and market structure.
- Long track record of demonstrated commercial orientation covering institutional clients including existing and new business development.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Self starter, with excellent communication skills.
- History of strong performance and achievement in the sales arena.