Fixed Income Trader
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 14 Feb 19
Using discretion and judgement, execute the Municipal Bond trading activity for the MFS Mutual Funds and MFS Institutional Advisors on a daily basis working in tandem with current Municipal Bond trader.
• Ensure best execution is received for the shareholders on all transactions.
• Ensure that fair allocation across funds is achieved on all transactions.
• Execute Portfolio Manager trade orders in compliance with investment policies and restrictions for each portfolio.
• Develop appropriate trading strategy for each situation.
•Build and maintain relationships with our counterparties.
• Assist with constant communication concerning relevant market conditions, economic data, credit information and trading information among the fixed income team.
• Obtain a complete understanding of the various types of fixed income instruments and their markets utilized by the municipal investment team.
• Understand how different security types trade relative to each other in different market environments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent.
• Five - eight years trading municipal bonds.
• Knowledge of fixed income investments and economics.
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.