Fixed Income Research Associate Intern - Emerging Markets Corporate Team
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description About MFS:
In 1924 MFS Investment Management established the first mutual fund in the United States. Today, MFS offers a wide range of products and services to investors, including more than 70 mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, separately managed accounts, and retirement plans to retail customers, institutional investors, and insurance offerings.
At MFS we hire talented people and allow them to work in an environment that fosters teamwork. We strive to make MFS a company where our employees can grow and succeed. While MFS provides a supportive work environment, we maintain high standards of accountability to ensure that employees meet our standards of excellence. We value intelligence and hard work. We value the perspective you bring. We will reward you for your good ideas, your work ethic, and your experience. We believe that our unique culture directly benefits our business. About the Fixed Income Team
: This department is responsible for the research, management and trading of all fixed income securities and the execution of all currency transactions. The Fixed Income Research Department has research analysts and associates who analyze the credit quality of issuers and issues being considered for purchase or currently held in the portfolios. They analyze industry factors, company fundamentals and debt structure issues. It is their responsibility to make buy-hold-sell recommendations based on the relative value of the security in the marketplace. About the Emerging Markets Team:
MFS has been managing global and international portfolios since 1981 and has been investing in local and dollar denominated emerging markets debt since 1991. MFS established its dedicated Emerging Markets Debt ("EMD") Composite in 1997 and a Local Currency Debt Composite in 2006. The EMD team is comprised of a 19-member team of portfolio managers, traders, and analysts responsible for the management of approximately $16.0bn in assets as of June 2021. Job Responsibilities
- Analysis of company and industry fundamentals relevant to securities being reviewed
- Collect financial data, information about Environmental, Social, and Governance ("ESG") risks and opportunities, and other relevant market information from databases, financial statements and management interviews to be utilized in financial modeling and investment reports
- Develop an understanding of various type of debt securities (investment grade and high yield corporate bonds)
- Engage and collaborate with Research Associates, Analysts, and Portfolio Managers
- Assume additional projects and responsibilities as required
- Rising Senior
- Analytical mindset, ability to gather and concisely compile information
- Ability to work on complex projects in a self-directed manner
- Skilled at both written and verbal communication
- Passion for learning; an interest in finance and/or international affairs a plus
- Computer/modeling skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."