Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are looking to hire a Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst, based in Boston. The ideal candidate will work with the Financial Reserves Management Team to provide support for their portfolio management activities.
- Interacting closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders to ensure timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across client portfolios;
- Rebalancing portfolios in response to investment strategies, cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client guidelines;
- Monitoring positions and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines;
- Interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks; and
- Monitoring performance, risk exposures and key market sensitivities of positions in portfolios.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience gained in a similar Portfolio Analyst, Assistant Portfolio Manager or Trader Support role;
- Previous asset management industry experience is preferred, although candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered;
- Demonstrated strong understanding of, and interest in, fixed income capital markets and investing;
- Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail oriented mindset;
- Proficient programming skills in ideally Python, or Matlab/R
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm;
- Ability to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades; and
- Strong academic credentials. An undergraduate degree is required;
- A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g., CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favorably.
Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst JOB FAMILY
Investment Management (IM) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .