Fixed Income Emerging Markets Corporate Debt Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
BASIC PURPOSE : Using discretion and judgment, researches corporations and quasi sovereigns in emerging market regions to develop investment recommendations for the fixed income portfolios managed by MFS. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Conduct independent research to develop investment recommendations for the fixed income portfolios managed by MFS.
- Develop internal models and use external research sources to provide perspective on emerging markets corporations and quasi sovereigns
- Using research sources such as company literature and financial statements, and various business publications, works independently to structure, develop and communicate investment recommendations.
- Attends conferences interviews corporate management at all levels, travels to emerging market countries to gather investment ideas and develop investment themes.
- Performs additional duties as directed
- Masters of Business Administration or CFA charterholder preferred
- Minimum 3 years of fixed income credit experience
- Working knowledge of various investment vehicles and investments, the international financial market, global credit, and emerging market debt .
- Proven ability to work independently and think critically in formulating and assessing investment recommendations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for work in a team environment and for interactions with clients.
MFS currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except employees who are entitled to an exemption from vaccination as an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.