Fixed Income Editorial Director - Global Product
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Fixed Income Editorial Director is a senior investment writer dedicated to MFS's full suite of fixed income strategies and plays an important role in clearly messaging our investment process to the marketplace. The role develops investment product qualitative content and provides strategic direction, editorial oversight and ongoing maintenance of said content. The content will be utilized in request for proposals (RFPs) and similar technical product related materials such as consultant databases and product profiles. The Fixed Income Editorial Director works in close collaboration with teammates within the Global Product Team, who are subject matter experts (SME) for assigned investment products, to facilitate the appropriate depth and consistency of messaging across MFS's fixed income capabilities. The role also works closely with RFP analysts to develop specific proposals and the ongoing maintenance of content. Finally, the person has a close working relationship with members of the Fixed Income Department to further enhance insights and clarity in written descriptions of MFS's fixed income investment process.
- Partner with SMEs to develop and update qualitative fixed income product specific content and will ensure said content is effectively messaged for purpose.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of MFS' Fixed Income investment process across abroad suite of capabilities globally.
- Ensure clarity and consistency of qualitative investment content across the fixed income platform.
- Maintain appropriate differentiation between department and strategy level content.
- Work with respective product specialists and members of the investment department to ensure the RFP database contains current, properly versioned strategy level investment content.
- Facilitate SME engagement in qualitative investment content.
- Join initial RFP "kick-off" meetings to identify the need for new or custom product content (and will partner with product specialists and the RFP analysts to develop).
- Collaborate with product specialists to produce periodic portfolio commentaries.
- Work with senior investment and product leaders to review and evolve content messaging.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding and adherence to all relevant MFS organizational processes and procedures
- Assist in the positioning of MFS's investment capabilities working closely with Global Product and the Investment Department. This would involve articulating the client rationale for the capability as well MFS's positioning of products relative to client needs and objectives.
- Provide editorial consulting to internal groups in the form of copyediting, proofreading and project management. Lead and refine MFS' voice and editorial style across firm for published investment content.
- Cultivate rapport with investment team based on knowledge of fixed income investment management and ability to communicate complex financial concepts to a broad range of audiences.
- BA/BS in English, Economics, Finance or Marketing required with an MBA or CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional research and writing experience, including at least 5 years at an asset management company, or an agency serving the investment industry, in a writing or product related role.
- Exceptional writing skills and demonstrated proficiency in writing for a variety of audiences.
- Editing and proofreading experience; management experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of investments, markets and economic trends; ability to translate complex financial concepts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders; convey credibility when working with investment professionals.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of investment management industry, client issues across retail and institutional channels.
- Expertise with traditional asset classes is required and familiarity with fixed income strongly preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Superior analytical skills required.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."