Fixed Income Credit Portfolio Manager, Financial Reserves Management (FRM)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington (WMC) currently manages $578 billion in fixed income assets on behalf of our clients worldwide. The Financial Reserves Management (FRM) team manages approximately $137 billion in assets across its book of business. The FRM team is seeking a Fixed Income (FI) Credit Portfolio Manager (PM) to develop and execute investment strategies that drive performance in our credit only and multi-sector FI approaches.
The PM will be based in Boston and be responsible for developing credit strategies and managing credit holdings for multiple portfolios. This position will work closely with another credit PM and complement our existing credit research effort while acknowledging the unique considerations and client objectives that exist for these mandates. This Portfolio Manager will also be a strategic thought partner on the FRM platform, collaborating closely with colleagues to drive product development and manage portfolios. They will work closely with existing portfolio managers on portfolio strategy and risk management as well as with other members of the Fixed Income team including credit analysts, traders and product managers. Additionally, this individual will interact regularly with clients over time as an ambassador for the team. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and track record - The Portfolio Manager will have deep credit expertise and a demonstrated track record of managing high yield and/or investment grade credit portfolios. The ideal candidate must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom-up approach, supported by a strong investment philosophy and process. The Portfolio Manager will develop and manage credit strategies across various client mandates and must understand each client's objectives and constraints in order to customize and construct individualized portfolios to meet those specific needs. The ability to dynamically assess and analyze volatile or distressed credits is preferred. Furthermore, the Portfolio Manager will implement their ideas through a highly analytical and detailed approach.
- Superior collaboration skills - The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. The Portfolio Manager will build strong trusting relationships internally with other portfolio managers, credit analysts, product managers and client facing personnel. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; the Portfolio Manager must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. The successful candidate will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of credit markets.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in an investment role. Established track record as a credit portfolio manager is preferred and risk management experience would be additive;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
- Strong presentation skills to communicate investment decisions and strategies to clients and colleagues;
- Strong quantitative skills and willingness to embrace technology; and
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record; MBA/CFA preferred.
Fixed Income Credit Portfolio Manager, Financial Reserves Management (FRM) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .