Financial Reporting, Senior Associate
Financial Reporting team and learn the rules and regulations that drive financial statement disclosures and other regulatory filings. You will work with senior team members to produce and/or review client semi-annual and annual financial statements, regulatory filings and other periodic reporting. You will engage with clients, auditors and other State Street teams to resolve issues, answer inquiries and process comments while working towards readying client financial statements and filings for finalization. You will also help direct the activities of staff and offshore teams. Responsibilities:
- You will prepare and perform 1st level reviews on client financial statements, NQs, Form N-MFP, NSAR, process and clear comments and assist with draft and support distribution to client and auditors.
- You will ensure that all deliverables are completed accurately and within agreed upon time
- You will provide on-the-job training and coaching to all staff and provide performance feedback to manager for input into PPR
- You will implement all standard practices, processes, tools, and technology enhancements
- You will participate in the research and resolution of accounting, client and auditor issues
- You will draft and update task lists for offshoring partners, ensure all supporting documentation is available to them and act as primary contact to answer their questions and issues.
- You will be responsible for JV production oversight.
About State Street What we do.
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- 2 to 4 years of experience in related accounting or finance field preferred
- Demonstrates strong technology skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excelnt time management skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers