Financial Planning Analyst
- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
This Financial Analyst will be a critical member of the team responsible for building strategic decision support, financial analysis, and management reporting across EV’s multi-investment management boutiques. Overseen by our FP&A Manager, this position is a key hire as EV Finance seeks to build-out its Financial Planning and Analysis capabilities and evaluates opportunities to improve the organization’s overall profitability. Ideally, you will have some experience with industry standard modeling and visualization tools, such as (but not limited to) Tableau and Hyperion, or Cognos products, combined with strong data analysis skills.
You will assist in reporting of business unit and strategic initiative analytics, helping the organization plan and prioritize profit impacting items. More generally, the position will support various members of Finance management in ad hoc modeling, and play an integral role in building business specific metrics /KPI’s.
You should have a background in financial analysis, typically acquired through related experience in the financial services industry. The position requires analytical, research, and financial modeling ability coupled with strong communication and time management skills.
- Support team in building and managing strategic partnerships with internal business unit clients.
- Participate in EV’s overall financial forecast and planning process, working with business partners, management, finance leadership, and other finance teams to develop a metric driven and strategic result, including monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles.
- Drive preparation of monthly management reports that provide an understanding of business performance and facilitate strategic decision-making.
- Contribute in evaluating potential firm-wide growth opportunities and innovations, as well as assessing appropriate levels of returns on those investments.
- Includes monthly variance analysis, reconciliations, proforma modelling, key driver /metric analysis, and measurement of business performance trends.
- Participate in improving the overall management reporting environment, utilizing next generation finance tools to ensure process efficiency and visualization.
- Play a primary role in managing corporate profitability models, allocation rules, and output driving investment decisions, business acceptance /pricing, and overall performance measurement.
- Assist EV Finance in building a culture of continuous improvement - critically examine and assess existing financial analysis practices and suggest improvements wherever necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required, finance focus preferred
- 3-5 years of financial planning and analysis experience, preferably in financial services
- Fundamental understanding of financial statements, financial and management accounting
- Experience with business intelligence, data visualization (Tableau), and financial modeling desired
- Exhibits an extraordinary standard of quality which includes attention to detail, organization, thoughtful analysis, problem solving, and accountability for excellent results;
- Needs to be a strong teammate, self-starter who approaches work enthusiastically, demonstrates initiative and has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable handling various ad-hoc requests, as needed by the Global FP&A team and respective internal business units.
- Desire to grow and learn the asset management business and respective industry / market drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and a dynamic business environment
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase, Financial Management, Planning and DRM a plus. Relevant experience with similar products is helpful.
- Advanced Excel based modeling, and proficient PowerPoint skills required to succeed in this role
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110