- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- NKT Photonics
- 14 Mar 19
Finance Manager Boston, Dry Dock area, MA
Boston, Dry Dock area, MA
NKT Photonics is a dynamic, international high-tech company and a leader in the development, manufacture and supply of high-performance fiber lasers and photonic crystal fibers. Our main markets are within imaging, sensing and material processing.
It’s an exciting, inspiring place to work where we encourage both personal and career development. To support our plans, we are now looking for a talented Finance Manager to join our growing team.
We have lasers in space and deep under the oceans and our products run in both clean rooms and on oil rigs at sea. We seed the World’s largest laser fusion experiment and power hundreds of the most advanced microscopes on the Globe. We aim to make a difference in the World and we are involved in projects that will transform the way we live through life-science, renewable energy and a basic understanding of the Universe.
We employ some of the best and most creative people in our industry and they have helped to make us one of the fastest growing and most innovative photonics companies in the World. We sell the full range of our products in the USA and we are establishing a base in the Dry Dock area of Boston. Now is a great time to join us as we embark on significant and hugely exciting growth plans; not just here, but across our global organization - so be prepared for change and career opportunities!
As an experienced Finance professional, you will report to the Corporate Finance Director based at our headquarters in Denmark and be regarded as our source of expertise within the Finance arena in the USA. By using your experience, you will deliver a hands-on comprehensive, efficient and effective operational finance service for all day-to-day accounting matters for our USA operations. This will include - but is not limited to - monthly reporting and cost analysis, forecast & budget, banking, pay roll, general book keeping, statutory reports and statistics, cash flow, sales tax, tax matters and general compliance.
Locally in the USA, you will support local site management and sales departments in the various locations with reports and analysis, to ensure that we will achieve the planned growth in the USA market. Additionally, you will work with a number of corporate support functions in Europe on matters related to Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Insurance, Sales Administration, Compliance & Risk Management.
- Overall responsibility for all financial and accounting matters of our operations within the USA.
- Ensure accounting processes and reports are effective: monthly consolidation of the group financials; monthly financial performance and US-GAAP analysis; optimized finance processes and procedures; robust payroll processes.
- Deliver timely and accurate Financial Statements and ensure compliance in line with Group Accounting Guidelines and the appropriate US (IRS, SOX) regulations and International standards (IFRS).
- Provide financial reporting and interpretation of financial information to local site management and support the local organizations in commercial decision making and capex ventures.
- Work with many stakeholders – USA authorities; Corporate Finance and Business Finance; Legal and Tax advisors; Compliance & Risk Management; Sales organizations in the both the USA and on a Group level and local site management in the USA.
- There will be some travel within the USA and to headquarters in Denmark on occasion.
- Extensive financial accounting experience within the USA, relevant professional qualifications and an exceptional level of commercial awareness, ideally gained within an international manufacturing environment.
- Experience of Sarbanes-Oxley, as well as a working knowledge of all USA statutory legislation and regulations relating to Finance.
- Able to understand and explain the drivers of financial performance and contribute to commercial decision making and the strategic direction of the business.
- Strong analytical skills: able to question complex information, identify cause and effect and deliver solutions.
- Good knowledge and experience working with Quality Management Systems as well as a high level of proficiency using ERP software such as Microsoft D365.
- Flexible in approach and adaptable to changing situations.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder with the ability to deliver commercial and operational messages and influence stakeholders drawn from a wide audience. Fluency in English - verbal and written - is essential.
- Passionate about what you do.
We embrace a culture in which we promote a positive, supportive working environment. To support our growth plans, we are investing in expanding our facilities and rapidly enlarging our talented teams. We provide a great place to work with good people and exciting, industry leading products.
If we sound like the place you would like to work, please select the button shown to send your CV and a brief covering letter to us and we will be in contact soon.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Financial Controller, Finance Controller, Financial Accountant, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Accounts, Accountancy, Finance, Financial.