Finance Director of Decision Support
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
Finance Director of Decision Support
With the DoL rule change, the roll-out of an unprecedented number of new products and services, continued market place pressures, and the continued need for strategic support of redefining the FCCS (Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions) revenue model, the FIITS (Fidelity Institutional Investment & Technology Solutions) Decision Support and Pricing Strategy team plays a uniquely pivotal role in defining, executing, and ensuring the success of the our products and services that comprise a future-ready revenue model.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent with 8 to 10 years of experience or Master's degree with 6 to 8 years of experience.
- In addition, applicants must have exceptional analytical, communication, conceptual thinking, project management, and problem-solving capabilities. Flexibility and the skill to both lead and contribute to teams are musts
- Your thorough understanding of financial and accounting principles and how to apply them in business
- MBA preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
Your role includes supporting and providing ad-hoc financial analysis related to potential or existing initiatives, products and programs. Common projects include business cases, product P&L/trend analysis, and ad hoc information requests to support senior management decision making. You will work with the Vice President and other members of the group, often in collaboration with finance and business associates from across the firm. The assignments will be dynamic and include data collection, analysis, and presentation.
In order to be successful you should be capable of supporting multiple projects across all of the focus areas simultaneously. You will be able to frame a problem/question, gather information effectively, accurately perform analysis, communicate/present conclusions and recommendations, and be a collaborative team player who thrives in a high performing work environment.
The Skills You Bring
- Your intellectual curiosity and ability to ask questions in a variety of settings
- You mentor and lead more junior associates
- Your end to end problem solving capabilities from defining complex problems to synthesizing key points and deliver high quality information
- Your strong organizational and project management skills and your ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously for different stakeholders
- Your strength in consolidating information from multiple sources and working with large amounts of data
- Your solid communication skills and confidence interacting with and influencing various levels within the organization
- Your strong and accurate analytical capabilities and financial modeling skills
- Your proactive and self-motivated drive to complete projects
- Your ability to handle ambiguity and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
The Value You Deliver
- Leading projects across all areas of focus
- Providing analysis, conclusions, and strategic recommendations to management and business partners
- Synthesizing data, analyses, and conclusions into presentation form for senior management
- Working effectively with other financial and non-financial groups across Fidelity to accomplish our objectives
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The FI Finance Decision Support, Product Support, and Pricing Strategy team is responsible for providing financial strategy and business planning support to FI Clearing and Custody ("FCCS"), a revenue-generating business unit within Fidelity Institutional, and FI Product, which is a shared product development and management group that also supports FCCS. Your analyses and projects will drive key decisions in which products and projects FCCS will fund and go to market with, and will ultimately help redefine the FCCS revenue model.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.