Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of the Main Street Lending Program Finance and Accounting Team, this position is responsible for developing and ensuring the execution of the operational/business strategy for the Main Street Lending Program Accounting and Finance Team and support for the operational/business strategy of the financial management community. The incumbent will partner with business line manager(s) and design/assist in the development and execution of short, medium and long-term plans. The focus of this strategy will be process improvements, productivity improvements, cost structure reduction and accelerating value-add activities to manage the Main Street Lending Program Accounting and Finance Teams operations.
This position may lead and direct others on specific projects that further the Bank's and/or Department's strategic objectives. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and requires flexibility and versatility and Operates with substantial latitude for action or decision.
1. Analyzes existing operation practices, identifies / recommends courses of action, and defines and leads change initiatives that result in measurable business improvements. Develops and reports on key performance metrics to executive management and key stakeholders.
2. Provides consultation and guidance on process improvement and operational management. Provides project leadership on operational/process changes, strategic implementations and conversions. Plans, directs and coordinates projects for the department, ensuring that the goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe. Provides analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
3. Provides strategic vision to develop strategies addressing organizational, process, and business needs.
4. Oversees the Main Street Lending Programs Agreements with vendors, supports negotiations with service providers, and FR System legal counsel to ensure services are appropriately defined, aligned with FR System governance structure, and executed successfully. Recommends and takes action to direct analysis, where necessary, and solutions to problems.
5. Works with Systems internal auditors, Board Examiners and the Systems external auditors to ensure accurate and smooth audits. Facilitates regular communication with internal audit on FSO activities.
6. Oversees and directs activities of the Main Street Lending Program Accounting and Finance Teams ICFR/COSO efforts through working relationships with Boston and other Reserve Bank officers and COSO coordinators.
7. Leads or contributes to special studies for senior management in areas such as the organization's operational effectiveness, performance of operations/processes, operating cost containment, industry benchmarking, etc. Leads, oversees and participates in complex projects and deals directly with high level management.
8. Provides consultative and analytical support to the Main Street Lending Program, business areas and FR System workgroups. Conducts or participates in the most complex financial analysis projects. Provides project and program management oversight when needed.
9. Represents the Main Street Lending Finance and Accounting Team on System workgroups and committees. Acts as liaison to the local Reserve Bank financial management and participates on performance-related System workgroups. Participates in a leadership role or assist on special projects that support Reserve Bank or Federal Reserve System initiatives.
10. Prepares executive-level communications and presentations to executive management and key stakeholders. Oversees and facilitates operational team meetings, develops operational reporting and related documents.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position may be required to supervise 1-2 project based employees.
Knowledge and Experience
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Master's degree in business administration and a minimum of 7-10 years of job-related experience.
Strong background in operations or consulting on operational issues.
Strong knowledge of financial management processes, financial management strategy and FR System governance structure.
Demonstrated sound project management skills.
Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Strong leadership skills.
Strong organizational, planning, and self-management skills.
Ability to persuade and influence others at all levels in the organization including third party service providers.
Experience with geographically dispersed work teams.
Ability to quickly adapt and act to drive change by advocating innovative solutions and new ways of thinking about solutions.
Advanced critical thinking skills.
Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.