FRIBS - Data Operations, Managing Director
Why this role is important to us
State Street is currently undergoing rapid change through the implementation of transformational business processes, development of new products, and global expansion. The FRIBS team works with our businesses, corporate functions, and technology partners to design and implement these changes. Your role is to design and implement the best in class data model for Finance while ensuring alignment with corporate functions and globally expanding organization. Initially, the role will manage a data program to align Finance and applicable Risk data strategy and process architecture while simplifying our technology platforms to match our improved business processes. What you will be responsible for
As a FRIBS - Data Operations Managing Director you will
What we value
- Leads organization with responsibility to deliver strategy and maintain road map to achieve data target operating model in committed timeline and resulting solution
- The initial Finance Data Strategy assessment has been completed and includes a high level roadmap and project execution plan. The Data Operations Managing Director will be responsible for leveraging the initial plan and developing and executing the business model against plan.
- This transformational effort is a multi-year effort with a 6-12 month focus beginning immediately with near term benefits as well as establishing the plan for future phases.
- The plan execution will require close coordination with Finance, Risk, and other corporate functions. Close partnership with IT delivery teams, IT architecture , and corporate data management will be critical to success.
- It is anticipated that the Data Operations team will include "pillar" leaders focused on general ledger, balance sheet, P&L, client, etc. that are aligned to ensure program delivery. Other direct reports will include: product owners, data management / steward lead and daily operational teams.
- Strong communication and engagement with key executive leaders from multiple business on progress against plan
- Delivers output consistent with roadmap / goals in waves that enable the success of the overall multi-year effort
- Drives dashboard metrics and reporting to show the health of the data solution throughout delivery and into BAU / ongoing support
- Delivers a support structure that manages production of data solutions as well as continuous improvements / enhancements beyond the life of the project delivery
- Drive a culture of engagement, transparency, expectations-setting, accuracy and maturity across the capability while inspiring a global team to provide world-class maintenance and support
- Enables the operational mechanics that ensure all data in the target solution are maintained, updated in the cadences required by our business partners
- Engage with technology to deliver innovative and adaptive solutions to enhance yet simplify data architecture
- Works closely with corporate IT architects to ensure feasibility of solution design and roadmap for data strategy
- Partners with Enterprise Data Governance on corporate data initiatives, policy development and implementation, project implementation, and ongoing reporting. Owns or facilitates data domain activities for Finance functions. Participates as a member of data committees and working groups.
- Partners with a variety of reporting teams to ensure the data is accessible and being used securely, with commissioned and supported toolsets and without further erosion of our macro and critical tool goals.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Core Corporate Finance and Corporate Function experience - exposure to the general ledger, chart of account, FP&A, procurement, regulatory reporting, credit and market risk, etc.
- Core competency in Process Design - Hands on experience in capturing, communicating, redesigning and execution of business processes across a wide and formerly federated business functions
- Strong experience in Data Design and Management - demonstrated experience in data architecture design and governance.
- Team Leadership and Strategy Delivery - strong experience in directly managing a solution delivery team, demonstrating leadership, management, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills using a change and solution delivery mindset.
- Project Management Leadership - PMO experience in establishing a proactive, lightweight, subject aware project management team to deliver a wide program of activities. Ability to drive outcomes in a fast paced environment while collaborating with other large programs and business priorities to deliver desired outcomes
- Communication - strong communication skills and executive presence with the ability to influence business and corporate function partners to execute against planned strategies and timeline
About State Street What we do.
- 5-7 years project and data experience
- BA (4 year university degree)
- MBA or CPA preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers