- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are looking for a Boston-based Events Specialist to join our Global Marketing team. This is an exciting role with the opportunity to manage all event-related AV requirements and develop and implement an events management technology platform. S/he will also be responsible for planning and executing components of our North American events program, including in person events (e.g. proprietary events and 3rd party sponsorships) and virtual events (e.g. webcasts) and ensuring all events are effectively planned and executed from initiation through post-event evaluation. The successful candidate will have experience and interest in the asset management industry and solid knowledge of vendors, suppliers, and event partners. S/he will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, outside vendors, and 3rd party service providers. The successful candidate will have solid business judgment, exemplary attention to detail, a passion for technology, the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time independently, intellectual curiosity, a professional demeanor, and strong self-direction.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to manage a variety of in-person and virtual events
- Plan, design, and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Define, coordinate, and execute on all AV/technology-related requirements of our events
- Create detailed production schedules for each event that documents the run of show and all program requirements
- Lead post-event analysis meetings with internal stakeholders and suppliers ensuring a clear focus on ROI
- Maintain oversight of events budget, including annual projections, month to month reconciliations, and reporting on spend versus projections
- Source, negotiate, and manage relationships and contracts with external suppliers, venues, and vendors to achieve the highest standards of excellence and cost efficiencies
- Bring a continuous improvement mindset by initiating, designing, and implementing new processes related to our events function
- Propose new ideas and creative technical solutions to streamline internal processes and improve the overall client experience
- Lead projects for the team related to technology, events, and other general business priorities
Direct experience in events production and a solid understanding of the investment industry are pre-requisites along with the ability and willingness to travel as required. Prior experience with webcast and event management technology platforms will be considered favorably.
- Portfolio of previously managed events
- Solid business judgment
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Passion for technology
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Strong communications skills
Mkt Srvcs - Evnts & Comm Invol
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .