Equity Research Analyst, Multi Asset Team
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are currently seeking to recruit an Equity Research Analyst (Analyst) to join our Multi-Asset Portfolio Management team with a focus on thematic and inflation sensitive equities. The team manages approximately $11 billion in assets including unconstrained multi-asset and multi-asset inflation hedging portfolios. The Analyst's primary responsibilities will be identifying long-term themes within equity markets; constructing and monitoring baskets of stocks to capture themes; coverage of real asset equity sectors and identifying tactical opportunities across markets. In addition, responsibilities may also include internal manager due diligence and portfolio management responsibilities.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- The role requires both top-down and bottom-up investment expertise. The Analyst will seek to evaluate the attractiveness of themes, countries, and industries through an understanding of both micro and macroeconomic forces, and at times may be evaluating individual securities and building frameworks to do so.
- Investment acumen and passion. The Analyst will be passionate about markets with a demonstrated track record of successful stock recommendations. In addition, the Analyst must exhibit a fundamental, research- oriented approach, supported by an investment philosophy and process, and be able to implement ideas through an analytical framework.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills. The Multi-Asset team casts a wide net for ideas, seeking to leverage the expertise across Wellington in identifying underappreciated structural change and tactical opportunities. Success will require building relationships with content experts from across the firm and evaluating and translating their insights into actionable ideas for the team's portfolios.
- Self-starter. The successful candidate will be someone who can run with an idea and always be on the lookout for new ideas for the portfolios.
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics are likely to include:
- Relevant experience in an investment analyst role focused on equities, preferably on buy side.
- All industry/sector coverage backgrounds will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability and track record of generating money making investment ideas.
- Strong bottom-up fundamental approach to research.
- Comfort with statistics and strong excel skills. Coding experience and Python knowledge is a plus.
- Strong academic credentials, MBA/CFA/CAIA are additive though not required.
Key characteristics such as:
- Independence of thought, curiosity and growth mindset.
- Self-awareness and self-confidence to be comfortable "being wrong."
- Ability to be decisive in the face of ambiguity.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment.
The Equity Research Analyst will be based in one of these two locations - Wellington's global headquarters in Boston, MA (280 Congress Street) or London, UK (80 Victoria Street). SKILLS JOB TITLE
Equity Research Analyst, Multi Asset Team LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .