Equity Analyst, Global Technology, Long/Short
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington currently manages approximately $27 billion in alternative assets worldwide across long/short equity, absolute return credit, global multi-strategy, private equity funds and custom solutions. Our investment ecosystem and scale allow alternative investors to partner with world class investment research experts across fundamental equity, credit, fiscal/monetary economics, derivatives, rates, risk, data science, climate, sustainability, and many others. Our investment dialogue promotes collaborative discussions on securities across a range of diverse perspectives; the freedom to disagree and to make independent decisions on behalf of our clients is paramount to our culture.
Within our Alternatives platform, we are seeking an Equity Analyst ("Analyst") to join our Hazelbrook fund. Hazelbrook is our flagship long/short technology hedge fund, which invests across all market capitalizations, sectors, and geographies within the global technology landscape. The Analyst will work closely with the Portfolio Manager to generate, research, and implement investment ideas for the unconstrained portfolio. In addition, the Analyst will conduct fundamental research that leads to differentiated insights derived from asking innovative questions, anticipating trends, and identifying risks and potential disruptions in a rapidly changing industry. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion - The Equity Analyst will have a deep understanding of the global technology industry and companies (across sectors). The ability to identify mispricing and valuation discrepancies, make investment recommendations, and communicate his/her findings to the Portfolio Manager is required. The ideal candidate will be passionate about markets with a demonstrated track record of successful stock recommendations. In addition, the Analyst must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom-up approach, supported by a strong investment philosophy and process, and be able to implement ideas through an analytical framework.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The successful candidate will be energized by being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embracing the benefits of overlapping lines of company coverage and idea generation. The Analyst will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and externally with company management teams. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; s/he must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction, and contribute to an open investment dialogue, is important.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. The Analyst will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of the technology sector within it.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in an analytical role on the buyside. Experience shorting equities is preferred;
- Service orientation with a fiduciary and client-centric mindset;
- Ability to remain focused and appropriately allocate time to "what matters;"
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
- Highest personal and professional integrity and ethics;
- History of professional achievement;
- Global perspective; and
- Strong academic credentials.
Equity Analyst, Global Technology, Long/Short LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .