Columbia Threadneedle Investments employs a formal investment consultancy and oversight process (5P) to ensure the integrity of our investment strategies and adherence to their stated investment philosophy and process. The Investment Consultancy & Oversight team works directly with Portfolio Management teams seeking to support the continual improvement and success of our investment strategies. This process is in place and embedded globally across North America, EMEA and Asia.
We are searching for an Analyst, within the Investment Consultancy & Oversight team, who is an enthusiastic self-starter motivated by achieving and exceeding goals who will focus on Equity investment strategies managed in North America. You will work in a collaborative environment where you will interact with a diverse set of analysts and portfolio managers and demonstrate your flexible, creative, and detailed oriented skills. Columbia Threadneedle is an organization that is committed to diversity and inclusion that supports work-life balance, structured mentoring, and career progression. Responsibilities
• Participate in research through idea generation, data preparation, and rigorous analysis, reaching conclusions and generating insightful and actionable recommendations to improve overall portfolio outcomes.
• Regularly engage with equity investment teams; assist in enriching their processes and analytics capabilities.
• Work with investment teams, business partners and senior management to proactively identify potential issues and/or areas of concern and work to address any issues prior to escalation.
• Lead Equity 5P meeting discussions and communicate insights to investment professionals and senior leaders; establish calendar of meetings and responsible for the preparation of materials.
• Provide an independent perspective on merits, weaknesses, and prospects of investment strategies. Be willing to voice concerns where they exist; be an agent for change when needed.
• Decompose return/risk drivers over time; uncover any unintended exposures and variances to the stated investment objective with the goal of making an impactful contribution to the success of the strategy ultimately helping clients to achieve their investment goals.
• Mentor and develop other team members to improve team's abilities and competencies.
• With guidance, prepare and discuss fund performance and 5P findings/outcomes at mutual fund board meetings. Represent the 5P team, more broadly, across the organization including governance committees, cross-firm working groups and due diligence meetings as requested/needed.
• Support the overall business through analysis of new investment ideas; defining risk and return characteristics and ensuring new strategies have the proper people and resources needed for success. Required Qualifications
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills.
• Minimum of 5 years of investment experience, particularly within equities.
• Strong reporting, engagement, and proactive communication skills with the ability to inform and appropriately influence colleagues, business partners, investment teams and senior management.
• Programming/Data Science skills; experience with or desire to learn R, Python, or similar analytic/data mining tools.
• Knowledge of portfolio analytics and calculation methodologies.
• Proven intellectual curiosity and attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness along with a cooperative can-do attitude.
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree benefits
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.