Enterprise Risk Management Business Partner
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Enterprise Risk Management Business Partner plays a significant role in implementing the MFS' risk management program. The MFS enterprise risk management program is responsible for risk policy setting and governance, facilitation of certain enterprise-wide programs and for identification, assessment and management of enterprise-wide risks. This position serves as the primary liaison for a specific business unit or units and assist in facilitating risk related discussions. The business partner will identify and evaluate risks, gaps within the processes, and specific systems that pertains to that business unit as well as report findings and recommendations for improvements. The ERM Business Partner will also assist the Enterprise Risk Management group and leadership in meeting operational goals and objectives. Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for being the primary risk liaison for (a specific business unit or units).
- Direct and advise stakeholders in (a specific business unit or units) with respect to the implementation of MFS' corporate risk programs and related issues that periodically arise.
- Participate in relevant forums or conduct workshops within (a specific business unit or units) in order to promote a risk aware culture.
- Understand key initiatives, changes within (a specific business unit or units). Develop a detailed understanding of the impacted process(es) and drive the assessment of risk impact and potential level of control existing and required. Provide an effective 2nd line challenge to identify, assess risk and develop appropriate risk management plans.
- Drive the vendor management program for (a specific business unit or units) Includes understanding and evaluating new vendor need, assessing due diligence information and coordinating ongoing due diligence, as needed. Provide feedback to Senior Management on process improvement and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Drives the model risk management program for (a specific business unit or units). Includes understanding and evaluating new and existing models, assessing the information impact and change management processes. Provides feedback to Senior Management on process improvement and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Facilitate the risk and control self-assessment (RCSA) for (a specific business unit or units). Includes working with the business area(s) to understand the risk of what could go wrong, evaluating the risk impact and likelihood and understanding the current level of control and gaps, if any.
- Document control gap action plans and assists business area(s) in developing mitigation plans. Maintains and follows up on relevant action plans.
- Prepare and present results of assessments, clearly and concisely in meetings and in reports and develop risk analysis reporting and presentations, as needed, to the MFS committees and senior management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Must have at least 9 years work experience in investment management, financial services or risk management related experience.
- Ability to take initiative to utilize resources, think critically, solve problems, and communicate/present results.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, customer-service, team-working and problem- solving skills. Must be able to write effectively, and present research, analysis and conclusions in a persuasive manner.
- Proven ability to develop and foster strong interpersonal relationships and to maintain effective cross- functional teams throughout the organization. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside parties at all organizational levels
- Proven analytical skills. Make independent decisions, develop creative solutions to problems, advocate for same and manage the implementation through to acceptance.
- Assume ownership for the delivery of projects while also operating successfully in a cross-functional, often international, team environment.
- Must effectively drive solutions throughout the organization and present ideas in an effective, non- confrontational manner. Escalate issues and advocate for solutions.
- Thorough understanding of the business operations and practices, procedures and controls specific to the business units assigned. Must be fully aware of best practices and evolving issues within scope of the position and able to relate same to MFS' operations and practices.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to develop proficiency in MFS systems as required to perform the duties of this position. Must be able to conduct on-line research and to utilize applicable tools.
- Able to work overtime as necessary to keep current with work.
- Some periodic travel, domestic and international, may be required.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."