Enterprise Architecture Co-op (January 2020)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS is a premier investment management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
This Co-op experience provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
- Co-Op New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Social & Networking Events
- Presentation Challenges
At the conclusion of this position, co-ops will have increased their knowledge of investing, the mutual fund industry, employee engagement, and a firm understanding of how information technology works at an asset manager.
MFS co-op positions are a 6-month commitment (January 7, 2020- June 26, 2020), working Monday - Friday and work between 35-40 hours. Our program is designed for undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a co-op program through their college or university and can meet our requirements. About the Enterprise Architecture Co-op
The Enterprise Architecture Co-op position involves working closely with members of MFS' Enterprise Architecture team and technology management as they engage in the assessment and governance of technology change at MFS. At MFS and elsewhere, the discipline of Enterprise Architecture focuses on aligning technology capabilities and change with business needs and strategy across an enterprise. The role of the EA co-op is to coordinate the ongoing dialogue and interactions between technology and business areas to promote that alignment. The co-op will work directly with people from all technology and business areas to support Enterprise Architecture activities and processes. Job Details
- Exposure to the goals and strategies of the Enterprise Architecture program at MFS.
- Exposure to technology change proposed and in progress across MFS business areas and a unique/holistic view of the business through that change.
- Exposure to MFS' business strategy and the processes and decision-making involved in the alignment of technology strategy and change with that business strategy.
- Experience with a leader in the financial services industry in an environment that values and promotes a collaborative work environment characterized by mutual respect.
- Coordinate communication among technology and business participants in architecture review processes.
- Coordinate activities of the Enterprise Architecture Review Board ("EARB"), the governing body for technology change and the activities of the EA team.
- Coordinate and support the activities of the EA team in support of EARB.
- Learn and use Sharepoint, the platform used to conduct EA and EARB business.
- Effectively manage your own time and the participation of people bringing a variety of technology and business backgrounds to EA and EARB processes.
- Work effectively with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Past experience with Microsoft Visio is desirable, but not required. (Most co-ops have learned it entirely on the job.)
- Learn from and maintain documentation covering co-op responsibilities.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."