Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Enterprise Architect will contribute to the execution of enterprise architecture analytical iterations, establishing current state, future state and associated road maps to drive MFS' business technology forward. With a focus on Innovation, major objectives will include instituting formal R&D and Evaluation processes with the execution of associated activities. You will work collaboratively across the Enterprise Architecture team and assist with the creation of architecture artifacts. Additionally, you will partner with key stakeholders to identify strategic business objectives and the technology solutions required to achieve them. Exploring emerging technologies/trends while helping develop road maps and points of view will be additional areas of emphasis for this role. This will require the ability to focus on research and roll-out of tools, frameworks, patterns, practices, guidelines/guardrails in areas such as cloud, SOA, etc.
- Identify MFS key business capabilities and recommends prioritization of enterprise architecture iterations, working with Management to determine where enterprise architecture can drive the most business value.
- Able to quickly perform hands-on reviews of solutions new to MFS including emerging technologies (containers, development libraries, API integration/management, etc...) which will allow us to keep our environment and capabilities more current and up-to-date
- Vet stated solution capabilities, ease-of-use and perform product comparisons for targeted areas (in partnership with other teams) allowing us to fail faster and improve effectiveness of POC's, Pilots, etc.
- Develop and formalize processes and capabilities to empower us to proactively make viable solution recommendations and to deliver more robust technology roadmaps.
- Drive thought leadership and plan/create content/coordinate Innovation Talks and discussions with strategic partners, business leaders, and Technology teams.
- Manage process for POC's, Pilots, validations while factoring in architecture governance reviews by appropriate Domain Architects.
- Help institute a formal R&D focus and drive involvement from teams and individuals via Innovation showcases and other engagement activities.
- Collaborate with the Director of Enterprise Architecture to develop forward thinking strategies and actionable roadmaps to implement those strategies.
- Effectively communicate complicated, often technical, concepts clearly and articulately through non-technical means, to ensure that all stakeholders are suitably informed.
- Responsible for thoroughly understanding the latest technology to ensure all project solutions represent the best possible use of technology.
- Develop metrics to show progress on innovation and areas to monitor to sustain momentum.
- Extensive, broad and deep holistic knowledge of platforms, multiple technologies and their applications to business problems across technical architectures and technology silos.
- Strong skills and experience with evaluating platforms, programs, technology in a fast-paced environment required.
- Eight or more (8+) years of Information Technology experience - experience in the Investment Management industry strongly desired.
- Experience with establishing and driving R&D/Innovation activities and processes a strong plus
- Familiarity with front, middle and back office processes desired.
- Strong understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle models including working in an Agile organization
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at all organizational levels.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills coupled with strong interpersonal, written/oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects and initiatives efficiently and effectively in a well-organized manner.
- Bachelor's degree in a related business/ technical field. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks and tools.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."