Manager, Data Engineering
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Type of job: Permanent
Date published: 24-Sep-2019
Domain: AI, Analytics, & Data
Job ID: 64161 Share
This is a senior data engineer within our North American team. The data engineer will collaborate within a team of technologists to produce enterprise scale solutions for our clients needs. This position will be focused on building out a customer data hubs/profile databases and building data warehouse solutions.
- Deliver quality work on defined tasks with little oversight and direction.
- Ensure all deliverables are of high quality throughout the project by adhering to coding standards and best practices and participating in code reviews.
- Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers.
- Serve as technical resource during software development life cycle to solve business issues through the process of identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate into data integration and database system designs.
- Solve business issues through the process of identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate business requirements into technical system designs.
- Use information gained through prior experience, knowledge sharing with other Technology Associates, education and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers
- Provide status updates to team members on a regular basis and clearly escalate issues and risks to project management as needed.
- Ability to transform data into actionable information and convert the results of the analysis into a format that is easy to draw insights from and to share with colleagues and peers.
Required Skills and Experience:
Responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the businesss customer data platform and analytics databases. Works with the businesss data analytics teams, data scientists, and software engineers in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any issues. Defines and builds the ETL and data pipelines to enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/professional experience is required.
- 5+ years in a data-engineering role with demonstrable experience with data integration and data warehouse projects.
- Experience architecting and building data warehouses, customer profile databases, data marts, etc.
- Knowledge of Apache Beam and programming languages including Java and Python.
- Experience with MPP systems (Google Big Query, AWS Redshift, Azure Data warehouse).
- Experience with data modeling, warehouse design, and fact/dimension concepts.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e. T-SQL, PostgreSQL, PL-SQL).
- Experience in data integration projects and automation via ETL Tools (i.e. Talend, Informatica, SSIS, etc.).
- Experience in Hadoop (Hive, Spark, Impala, etc.) ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e. Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of development and project methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams with other specialized individuals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness enables us to accelerate our clients businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com. As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200. Default Apply
© 2019 Publicis Sapient. All Rights Reserved.