Diversity & Inclusion Manager
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 18 Oct 18
Diversity & Inclusion Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Reporting to the director of Global Diversity and Inclusion, this role will contribute to the planning, implementation, and communication of Wellington's diversity and inclusion strategy. This role will have four main areas of focus including: consult with designated business managers and HR generalists on specific diversity and inclusion plans, oversee Business Networks - Americas (i.e. Employee Resource Groups) governance, serve as a strategic thought partner to talent acquisition on diversity recruiting initiatives, and manage the firm's external diversity association sponsorships to in ensure alignment with the firm-wide Diversity & Inclusion Strategy and goals. Specific role responsibilities will be varied and flexible according to business needs but will include the areas outlined below.
The diversity and inclusion manager has an opportunity to work in partnership with the Director, global diversity and inclusion, Human Resources, and business leaders as an internal consultant on functional D&I plans, business networks governance and resources, inclusive talent recruiting strategies, and external sponsorships. As a subject matter expert, the D&I Manager will be responsible for promoting the firm's D&I brand with national conferences, community forums, and student events. In addition, the D&I Manager will contribute to the firm-wide D&I strategy content, strategic planning and budgeting process, and design of metrics and measurement systems.
In particular, the Diversity and Inclusion Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Serves as a thought partner in the strategic planning process of Wellington Management's global D&I strategy in partnership with business managers, diversity committee, and human resources.
- Directs business network governance and programming activities for the Americas to in ensure alignment with D&I framework and firm priorities by advising, coaching, educating, and collaborating with leadership teams for sustainable, value-add initiatives. Member of the firm's business network leaders' governance sub-committee.
- Establish and manage cross-functional relationship teams in the Americas that serve as liaison to external diversity association sponsorships from conception to implementation with annual ROI reports to track and document objectives, outcomes, key highlights, and ROI metrics.
- Advise on talent acquisition/diversity recruiting initiatives, which includes identifying and vetting diversity recruiting sources, updating the diversity recruiting guide, referring diverse student/campus programs, and recommending inclusive recruiting practices.
- Manages related external vendor relationships and agreements in partnership with procurement.
- Partners with Director of global diversity and inclusion on team's day-to-day operations and budget.
- Researches current and future D&I trends shaping business and talent capability development. Assists with shaping solutions that draw the connection between diversity, inclusion, and innovation for the firm.
- Represents Wellington and D&I team through internal speaking events or public panels/events
Candidates must be an experienced D&I manager and related HR Generalist experience is a plus. Candidates should possess a demonstrated record of achievement, capacity for differentiated thinking, strong work ethic, teamwork, business judgment and the willingness to work with others.
Key qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive D&I experience with a highly, matrixed multinational company that includes managing ERGs, developing diversity recruiting plans, and coordinating external association efforts - corporate sponsorships; national diversity conferences; community relations
- 3-5 years of HR generalist experience with a focus on internal business acumen and consulting
- Strong relationship management, execution, and influencing/negotiating skills
- Good project management skills e in the strategic, creative, and implementation of diversity & inclusion initiatives, projects, and programming (e.g., develop project plans, scope and ensure execution and delivery)
- Excellent verbal and written communications including presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical skills utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, self-directed, and innovative is essential
- Flexibility to work early, or evening, and to travel approximately 10-15%, as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; diversity and inclusion management certification is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion Manager
Human Resources (HR)
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .