Director of Sales
Sector Sales, Managing Director Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Sector-Sales--Managing-Director_R-630182/apply
We are seeking Managing Director candidates for roles within our Sector Solutions Sales team - the focus of the role could be in one of following segments; Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Insurance Sales and Alternative Investments. This is a direct sales quota carrying position. This is also a new business sales role, requiring you to research opportunities, initiate discussions, build prospect relationships, manage sales process and close deals that generate new revenue. This role would be located in either Boston or may be able to be based in another location, in some cases.
- Deliver/exceed annual sales and revenue targets by building and executing sales strategies
- Lead sales process from prospecting through close, including lead generation, client meetings, prospect qualification, and RFP completion
- Manage a virtual team of executives and subject matter experts through all aspects of a long and detailed sales cycle
- Proactively build/drive pipeline volume, accelerate sales cycle, actively manage to close
- Diligently track and manage all opportunities in CRM tool
- Represent State Street at relevant industry events and conferences
- Develop and maintain strong product knowledge and understanding of competitive offerings
- Collaborate with relevant management resources to drive product and messaging strategies to differentiate our solutions
- Partner with Product Specialist and Demo team during client presentations to ensure client engagement and positive outcome
- Work closely with operations, legal, risk and relationship management to align opportunities with corporate goals
- Network to uncover other relationships / services that enhance prospecting opportunities
- Understand, monitor, and communicate competitor activity throughout the market, identifying key strengths and weaknesses relative to State Streets product offering
- Provide feedback to Corporate Marketing on product positioning, marketing materials, and industry trends
Required Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree, Masters degree (or equivalent) preferred
- 15+ years successful sales experience
- Deep financial services background and experience,
- Proven leadership skills and sales success
- Proven ability to gain access and interact with C-level executives
- Excellent time management and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills along with a high level of professionalism
- Proven track record of achieving / exceeding financial goals
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR-630182
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .