Director of Operations (financial & service operations design and implementation)
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
Fidelity Labs - Director of Operations
We are looking for a Director of Operations to plan, direct and coordinate all the operations for a new business venture to be launched. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will lead a team that is responsible for the day-to-day service delivery of a set of new products that are being launched into the market.
At Fidelity Labs, we use emerging technologies and human-centered design to create visionary products and services that improve people's financial lives. As the innovation engine for Fidelity Investments, we provide expertise to the rest of the firm on new tools and techniques, while also incubating potential new lines of business.
See what we're up to at FidelityLabs.com
The Expertise We're Looking For
- 10 years of expertise in financial and service operations design and implementation
- Knowledge of methods of continuous improvement to operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational health
- Prior experience leading financial back-office functions including fulfillment, settlement, and client billing.
- Track record of exceeding SLAs and delivering exception customer experience through live and digital channels
- Expertise in implementing financial controls in support of regulatory requirements
- Expert in data analysis and statistics to perform quality controls and monitor production KPI's
- Ability to attract, recruit, train, supervise and appraise operations and service staff
The Purpose of Your Role
You are the champion of delivering on an exception customer experience and the heartbeat that makes the business run smoothly. This role combines leadership over both front and back office functions with an emphasis on leading the team toward achieving ambitious goals.
The Skills You Bring
- You have an operations and service design background with an emphasis on financial services
- You're a problem-solver and inspire creative solutions through strong communication skills
- You have a passion for planning and an eye for talent that allows you to build an operations team to meet the needs of the business
- You know how to adapt and be flexible when the business changes
- You have a strong analytic ability, and are able to get hands-on with the data when needed
- You have a proven ability to build relationships across the organization particularly with product, legal, finance, compliance, and risk teams.
The Value You Deliver
- You will help identify opportunities within the business to help create solutions for success
- Fostering an environment of passion, growth and development
- Manage staffing of operation while supporting associates daily and coaching to desired behaviors
- Implementing standards for optimized delivery performance aligned with industry best practice
- Partnering with different groups across the organization to align and inform others of future development
- Carefully managing, monitoring and reporting results along with assessing and mitigating risk
- Continuous improvement of systems, processes, and experiences to reduce servicing costs & improve customer satisfaction
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The mission of Fidelity Labs is to catalyze ideas and innovation across the firm. Our team's prototype and pilot new businesses, products and capabilities that continue to distinguish our brand as the best customer experience in the financial services industryAbout Working at Fidelity
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer